Director, Product Management
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
Director, Product Management
Within the FI Investment and Technology Solutions (FIITS) organization, the Director of Product Management is a member of the Cash & Lending product team and will be responsible for third-party bank lending products and strategic bank relationships in support of Fidelity Clearing and Custody Solutions (FCCS) clients. The role involves three major product responsibilities:
- Product management - overseeing the day-to-day stewardship of the third-party bank lending products and strategic bank relationships
- Product development -implementing multiple projects that support scale and efficiency, fill product/ competitive gaps and improve client experience
- Product strategy - assessing key industry trends and ensuring product strategy is aligned with current and future client needs
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA, or equivalent degree preferred
- 7 years relevant experience in financial services with some knowledge of lending products
- Product management/development experience including business case development, requirements definition and product roll-out
- Series 7 and 63 licenses
The Purpose of Your Role
In this role you will manage third-party bank lending products and strategic bank relationships. You will bring to market a new set of capabilities to enhance FCCS' in-house and third-party bank lending suite of products, coordinating with other Cash & Lending team members and partnering across the broader organization.
The Skills You Bring
- You have some experience with lending products such as securities-based loans, mortgages etc.
- You have a good understanding of the Clearing, Custody, RIA or Brokerage industry and their unique client needs and competitor sets
- You are comfortable working with data to perform analyses, track product adoption, revenue etc.
- You connect well with field associates and clients in-person and via the phone
- You are a highly effective communicator with excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills. You can clearly tell a story and articulate your point of view.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
The Value You Deliver
- Acting as a subject matter expert answering detailed questions from client-facing teams and intermediaries (advisors, broker-dealer home offices)
- Developing business cases, writing requirements and managing multiple complex projects
- Demonstrated independence to work with peers (and above) to advocate for product price points, reengineer operational processes, negotiate contracts etc.
- Creating/enhancing internal and client-facing materials
- Ensuring product line meets regulatory, risk, legal and compliance requirements
- Leading weekly meetings with strategic bank relationships and supporting senior level meetings
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Director will drive initiatives that fill product gaps and make it easier for clients to do business with FCCS, driving product adoption/retention and revenue.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.