Director, Investment Product
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
Director, Investment Product
The Investment Product Group plays a key role in the company, partnering closely with asset management, Fidelity's distribution channels, and the broader organization to deliver a diverse range of investment capabilities and vehicles to meet the needs of retail, intermediary, and institutional clients.
We currently have two open Boston-based roles at the director level. Both roles are focused on equity products - one specializing in a set of diversified equity strategies, the other specializing in sector/industry strategies.
The Expertise We're Looking For
- 7 years of experience in financial services. Current team members have a range of investment-focused product, consulting, fund research, or client-facing backgrounds.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in investments, specifically in equity investments.
- A deep understanding of retail, intermediary, and institutional distribution channels and their unique client needs and competitor sets.
- Strong educational credentials; CFA, MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
The Purpose of Your Role
In this role you will be responsible for product development, management, strategy, and advocacy for a lineup of equity investment products. You will partner with the investment teams and portfolio managers to understand and articulate investment approaches and positioning across a range of strategies. You will contribute to ongoing product strategy for assigned products. Additionally you will help to drive innovation and new product development to ensure that the product line continues to meet evolving customer needs.
The Skills You Bring
- You are a strategic thinker with a passion for investment products and a deep understanding of the evolving competitive environment.
- You are a team player and have a track record of collaborating with others to meet customer needs and deliver business results.
- You have a strong investment background with an understanding of equity investment strategies.
- You are a highly effective communicator with excellent writing, presentation and interpersonal skills. You can clearly articulate complex investment topics.
- You have experience with mutual funds, ETFs, and institutional vehicles.
The Value You Deliver
- Acting as a subject matter expert answering detailed questions from distribution channel partners and client-facing teams .
- Analyzing portfolio positioning and results.
- Creating and enhancing investment content for product positioning in collaboration with investment teams and marketing.
- Presenting investment philosophy, process, resources, and results to internal and external clients.
- Researching product development opportunities and developing business cases to support new product initiatives.
- Contributing to various cross-team projects.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
The Director will help drive business strategy to retain and grow assets for the equity product line across Fidelity's retail, workplace, intermediary, and institutional distribution channels.Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.