Director, Head of Global Employee Benefits and Executive Services
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington Management is looking to attract a Director, Head of Global Employee Benefits and Executive Services (Director). This position is responsible for a significant portion of the firm's infrastructure that faces employees, executives and Partners of Wellington Management. The core mandate includes:
• Global benefits - Lead a global team that has responsibility for the design and delivery of all benefits worldwide, including both health/welfare, retirement benefits, Wellbeing and other supplemental benefits programs.
• Executive Benefits - Design and deliver executive benefits to Wellington's leadership (Partners and Managing Directors), including bespoke insurance, tax preparation, and retirement benefit offerings.
• Global Mobility - Manage the team that oversees immigration activities, represents Wellington with immigration counsel and designs, delivers and ensures policy consistency of expatriate benefits, and ensures seamless coordination with benefits, payroll and other functions involved in the mobility process.
The Director will have input into post-pandemic benefits design, focused on meeting the needs of our evolving global workplace in a competitive talent environment. S/he will develop an internal branding, marketing and communication strategy to maximize global benefits uptake and improve Wellington's employee experience. S/he will also oversee financial reporting of the firm's substantial benefits spend and will help the firm align our costs with employee experience. This role will also oversee the legal compliance requirements of benefits programs, and participate in firm committees that help fulfill regulatory, risk and other compliance obligations. The Director will work closely with leaders in Human Resources, Finance & Administration and across the firm's Infrastructure, Client and Investment Platforms.
The following essential skills are required for the role:
• Strategic vision
- The Director, Head of Global Employee Benefits and Executive Services will develop and drive execution of Wellington's benefits and executive services strategy globally. The Director will ensure that the strategic vision continually supports business objectives and makes the firm well-positioned to attract and retain top talent. The Director will be a strategic business leader, serving as a change agent, rallying support for large-scale initiatives, and thinking creatively about new ways to amplify the employee experience.
• Superior collaboration and influencing skills
-The Director will be a dynamic ambassador, internally for the Employee Benefits and Executive Services department, and externally for Wellington. S/he will build strong, trusting relationships with colleagues at all levels, across Investment, Client and Infrastructure platforms, and all global office locations. The mission for all internal interactions will be to understand the demand which will inform innovative solutions, educate on existing offering and drive adoption. The ability to provide a point of view and challenge the status quo is critical, as is the humility to admit mistakes and a desire to learn from others; s/he must recognize the benefits of diverse perspectives. The ability to clearly communicate (both verbally and in writing), integrate numerous viewpoints, and mobilize/influence across all levels of the organization is critical.
• Growth mindset
- The flexibility and openness to continue learning, evolving and growing as a global employee benefits and executive services leader. The ideal candidate will have a creative approach for thinking about innovation and the evolution of the benefits function within the financial services industry, as well as the market at large with partnerships and employee-focused organizations across industries. The Director will bring forward innovative ideas and best practices, recommending and implementing changes as needed to remain best in class.
The responsibilities and expectations of the Head of Global Employee Benefits and Executive Services include, but are not limited to:
• Design and implement Global Benefits, Executive Services and Global Mobility processes and programs, including market competitive reviews, surveys, financial analysis and management and governance.
• Provide expertise, advice and guidance regarding benefits matters to Wellington leaders and employees.
• Drive evolution of Wellington's Wellbeing programs to meet employee and business needs, regionally and globally.
• Analyze coverage and claims to shape recommendations related to emerging social and industry trends. Recommend modifications to existing programs to meet the changes in demographics, utilization and the firm.
• Ensure regulatory compliance with all legal requirements of employee benefit and global mobility programs across Wellington office locations. Stay abreast of changes in legislation and regulations that impact the firm's benefits and global mobility functions.
• Oversee benefits and mobility vendor relationships, and associated RFPs/RFIs.
An ideal candidate will be both a benefits subject matter expert and an excellent manager of people across diverse functions. S/he will have extensive experience leading a benefits program at a global firm (i) with a significant US footprint that (ii) offers both staff and executive-level benefits. S/he will be an energetic, creative, positive force in the workplace who wants to leave a permanent institutional mark on Wellington and its people, an excellent communicator, well-connected to other benefits professionals and a charismatic leader of people.
Additional key qualifications include:
• 10+ years of benefits or human resources experience and 5+ years in a regional or global leadership role.
• Credibility to engage productively with senior leaders, including the ability to constructively challenge the status quo and solve problems.
• Experience in a firm governed by a partnership, professional services firm or the financial services industry preferred.
• Experience leading, motivating and developing dynamic and diverse teams.
• Knowledge of key benefits regulations across Americas, EMEA and Asia.
• Background in developing, deploying and evaluating communications programs to support the benefits strategy and foster greater understanding of benefit programs across all levels of employees.
• Ability to navigate stressful situations with poise, focused on being a calming presence, active listener and pragmatic problem solver.
• Results-orientation and superior interpersonal, written/verbal communication, organizational and enterprise project management skills. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Director, Head of Global Employee Benefits and Executive Services LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .