Director, Cloud Data Engineering
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Fidelity Investments
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Director, Cloud Data Engineering
Build a data platform on AWS to support Asset Management's data analytics and discovery needs. If you have a passion for working with data using multiple emerging technologies on the cloud, this might be the right opportunity for you!
The Expertise We're Looking For
- Experience working as a technical lead building high quality solutions with a focus on automation and innovation
- Hands on experience building data heavy solutions in AWS using technologies like EMR, Spark, Presto, Hive, Lambda, S3 etc.
- Expertise building solutions for data ingestion, data wrangling and data visualization
- Expertise in Big Data technologies (Sqoop, Hive etc.)
- Exposure to release automation and deployment (Jenkins, CloudFormation,Chef etc.)
- Data modeling and data organization for big data technologies
- Good understanding of AWS services like KMS, Route 53 etc.
- Experience in database (Oracle) and application development
- At least 12 years of software development experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent experience
The Purpose of Your Role
You will be working as part of a core team building the discovery and analytics platform for Asset Management. This will involve providing technical leadership for the project, evaluating tools for data ingestion, building data ingestion pipelines, creating a framework for self-service data acquisition, building data quality processes and transitioning our data stores to the cloud. The ecosystem will include heterogeneous data sources and structured and unstructured data. You will be doing hands on development and also providing technical leadership to the team.
The Skills You Bring
- You have hands on experience building data lake on AWS sourcing data from heterogeneous sources
- You have experience leading teams and providing technical direction
- You enjoy working on different technologies to solve business problems
- You have good programming skills (Python, scripting etc.) and also have good Oracle SQL and PL/SQL skills.
- You enjoy learning new technologies, data analysis, identifying data patterns and trends
- You can independently figure out technical challenges, identify options and come up with innovative solutions
- Proven track record of implementing big data solutions
- You have good communication skills
The Value You Deliver
- Technical expertise in building our next generation data platform on AWS
- Building quality solutions that align with the technology blueprint and best practices to solve business problems by driving design, development and ongoing support.
- Work with our global team and provide technical direction in building solutions.
- Actively participating in knowledge sharing sessions, code and design reviews etc.
How Your Work Impacts the Organization
Asset Management Technology (AMT) provides worldwide technology and support to all the Investment Management, Research, Trading and Investment Operations functions. AMT is an integral partner for Asset Management to deliver innovative, scalable, industry-leading investment tools that enable Asset Management to achieve competitive advantage globally.At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. For information about working at Fidelity, visit FidelityCareers.com
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.