Director, Business Architect- Digital Workplace
Job Description: DIGITAL WORKPLACE BUSINESS ARCHITECT Your Role
The Business Architect takes strategy and helps build actionable plans by assessing the real-life implications of deploying a new tool or platform, anticipating disruptions and understanding the significance of process changes for a business. Additionally, you will be:
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Assessing and documenting high-level existing processes and functional needs across the enterprise and establishing clearly defined roadmaps aligned to BU and Digital Workplace and measurable outcomes.
- Working with the BUs to formulate and implement plans that support enterprise goals for Digital Workplace.
- Defining core and support processes that transcend organizational and functional boundaries. Identify core common capabilities shared across the enterprise and participate in enterprise-wide efforts to reach common understanding.
- Creating optimized high-level views of enterprise business models and processes in target state business architecture. Align with broader architecture vision and partner with business stewards to define performance metrics.
- Providing architectural subject matter expertise to internal and external clients, including communicating architectural decisions and mentoring other staff regarding the various decisions and ramifications.
- Evaluating the impact of architecture work on IT investments, business operations, and customer satisfaction. Understanding and determining the effectiveness of business architecture and facilitating governance practices.
- You've had prior experience working as a business architect, enterprise architect, or senior business analyst.
- You possess or are interested in obtaining relevant credentials, such as Certified Business Architect (CBA) and/or The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF).
- You can expertly model business processes through capability mapping, value stream mapping, and customer journey mapping down to the last mile.
- You embrace the details of a process or application but can still pull back and see the bigger picture of what needs to get accomplished.
- You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and can work effectively both up-and-down and side-to-side in an organization.
- You're able to juggle multiple projects and communicate honestly about your timelines, challenges and questions.
- You know how to uncover key business requirements whether business partners offer them up or not.
- You excel at making the complex simple and easy to understand.
- You're able to navigate uncharted territory and have proven experience in succeeding in environments with significant ambiguity.
As a member of the Digital Workplace team, you will be working in a collaborative, dynamic, and creative environment at Fidelity Investments. You will have the opportunity to be immersed in work across the organization, engage with and influence leaders, while solving some of Fidelity's most critical business issues.
The vision of Digital Workplace is to ensure associates have the right digital tools, training, and support to do their best work. We will do this by owning the associate digital experience for the firm, focusing on capabilities (rather than on tools and vendors), using a test-and-learn approach, designing more effective rollout and adoption experiences, and paying close attention to every detail in the "last mile." Certifications: Company Overview
At Fidelity, we are focused on making our financial expertise broadly accessible and effective in helping people live the lives they want. We are a privately held company that places a high degree of value in creating and nurturing a work environment that attracts the best talent and reflects our commitment to our associates. We are proud of our diverse and inclusive workplace where we respect and value our associates for their unique perspectives and experiences. Find your Fidelity at fidelitycareers.com .
Fidelity Investments is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe that the most effective way to attract, develop and retain a diverse workforce is to build an enduring culture of inclusion and belonging.
Fidelity will reasonably accommodate applicants with disabilities who need adjustments to participate in the application or interview process. To initiate a request for an accommodation, contact the HR Leave of Absence/Accommodation Team by sending an email to accommodations @fmr.com , or by calling 800-835-5099, prompt 2, option 2.