Director, Business Analysis,Treasury
Loading... Sign In Career Opportunities: Director, Business Analysis and Treasury (21739) Job Number 21739 - Posted 13/02/2020 - Planning, Finance & Admin - United States - Boston - Professional Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
A multi-faceted role, with the responsibility and oversight of various inter-related financial analysis, strategy, and business development.
The role of Director, Business Analysis and Treasury will require coordinating numerous aspects of the corporate cash management process including day-to-day reconcilement of all bank accounts and monthly cash forecasting. It will also assume the coordination of the complex calculations of Firm Profitability for Executive Management and Fund Profitability for the Pioneer Funds Board of Trustees (to which this role is expected to present). This person will be responsible for all Sales and AUM reporting for the Americas (including US, Latam and Canada) locally and globally, providing in-depth analysis of trends and opportunities, with regular interactions with multiple levels of senior management throughout the global organization. Further, this position will be a main point of contact for all revenue sharing and sub-ta processes (including the ongoing negotiations of such agreements). Additional responsibilities include participation and ownership of various aspects of the annual review budget, and ongoing forecasts. Lastly, this position will work closely with Executive Management and other internal business partners creating ad hoc financial analysis, including but not limited to, financial presentations, business development, revenue sharing, and industry surveys.
- Direct asset management industry research to highlight product and business development opportunities consistent with AmundiPioneers growth strategy. Summarize this information concisely and present results to executive management with the goal of influencing strategic decisions.
- Daily reconciliation of bank accounts (including administration of overall Treasury function), cash management forecasting and planning, short-term investment management and assisting in maintaining the documentation flow between AmundiPioneer and its commercial banks - monitor bank services and related fees and oversee foreign currency transactions
- Manage the process of calculating Firm Profitability; a process used by Executive Management to make informed strategic decisions of how to allocate Pioneers resources to underlying firms, and present such analysis to senior management.
- Direct the process of calculating Fund Profitability and all of its supporting schedules; this is presented annually to the Fund Board of Trustees in order to assess AmundiPioneers profitability, and to support its management fees and expense caps. This role is responsible for the overall presentation to the Board of Trustees, including ongoing calls with Board Members and one-on-one discussions with senior management of the firm.
- Direct the negotiations and maintain database for revenue sharing relationships and payments and work with the Transfer Agency in managing the relationship with the third party vendor responsible for calculating sub-ta documentation
- Oversee and direct the preparation of daily, weekly, and monthly sales and AUM reporting and manage the communication with senior management locally and globally (including ongoing reconciliations with reporting to support the overall Amundi business). Includes analysis of complex issues where analysis of various AUM situations requires in depth knowledge and expertise of product line. Critical to possess solid understanding of company initiatives and product line strategies.
- Provide planning and reporting support to the institutional team
- Responsible for new redemption forecasting to be used by senior management in the US and Amundi.
- Manage the collection and dissemination of monthly data to the ICI. Manage an interns time to coordinate this process.
- Responsible for completing industry surveys including annual McKinsey benchmarking study, BCG study and ICI/PWC Transfer Agency Trends survey as well as assist in asset management research to highlight product and business development opportunities consistent with firms strategy. Provide financial oversight for Product Development Team.
- Work with finance, transfer agency, legal, marketing, relationship management and other departments to ensure proper information flow for new products, revenue sharing / sub-TA agreements, etc.
- Provide ongoing and ad-hoc financial support to the Executive Management, Product Development, and Relationship Management teams in the areas of sales and AUM reporting, fund expense ratio analysis, product pricing/mix, and new business opportunities for financial soundness driving organizational efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for the compilation of quarterly Board of Directors financial reporting package, including various AUM analysis and Monthly Financial Package.
- Direct and coordinate on a global level, the compilation of the Americas Sales Action Plan, and develop the annual revenue budget and ongoing financial forecasting and contributive revenue reporting of the Americas
- Facilitate the group design, develop and implement technology to enhance management reporting to drive decision making. Recommend and provide guidance to others on improvements and efficiencies for work procedures, and ensures that they are followed.
- Primary point of critical financial information to all levels of senior management throughout the local and global organization. This includes contribution to, and the influence of, strategic direction of the firm.
- 10-12 years in senior analyst role at financial services company, staff management and delegation skills a must.
- Broad-based knowledge of all aspects of an asset management company and its business functions
- Attentive to asset management industry current trends
- Well-developed conceptualization, analytical, financial modeling and problem solving abilities
- Ability to interact with executives and other high-level professionals
- Must possess strong critical thinking skills and ability to function independently
- Ability to perform research quickly and extensively
- Ability to manage staff as well as multiple high-level tasks and projects
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills as well as effective written communication skills
- Understanding of short term investments and the ability to invest significant sums of money for income purposes
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List Email this job to a friend The job has been sent to Job title: *Your email address: *Your friends email address: Message: *Confirm you are not a robot: Send Close without saving