Director - Investment Data Harmonization
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Head of Investment Data Harmonization team is a strategic technology leadership role focused on architecture, implementation and rollout of the initiatives envisioned in the Investment Data Harmonization program (IDH). This position combines and coordinates the team responsible for the Business architecture, Technology architecture, Application strategy and Data architecture focused on the successful implementation of the IDH initiatives. The IDH program goal is - Enable investment decision making, client reporting and risk management for a multi-asset platform by delivering consistent, timely, accurate, and user-friendly data to investors, risk teams and clients.
The IDH initiative incorporates application, data, infrastructure, and information security components as the data is unified and harmonized to seamlessly flow between transactional, operational, reporting, and analytic applications and data repositories. This position will closely work with the architecture teams, and business-aligned application teams in designing, reviewing, and coordinating solutions to enable business capabilities. This position will be working closely with the newly created Investment Data Office (IDO) in the development of the implementation roadmap and rollout of the capabilities.
Reporting to the Director of Application Development, this position will ensure that all standards, guidelines, practices, and metrics are defined and followed in the implementations. Strong communication skills and ability to effectively promote the IDH vision and strategy with all levels of the organization will be critical to the success. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Working closely with the Investment Data Office and guidance of the Global Information Technology team (GIT), and the IDH Steering group, the director will facilitate the strategic vision and direction for the implementation of the IDH initiatives. This position will work alongside the IDH leader to develop the implementation plan, and will be responsible for executing the implementation plan. This position will contribute to budget and resourcing planning, and will be responsible for hiring and allocating resources associated with the technology implementation.
- Work closely with the IDO (including Investment data leader, Product owner and Program manager) in determining optimal plan along with judicious use of resources to meet the goals of the IDH and the end-user requirements.
- Work closely with the business leaders, application teams and design architectures / solutions to meet the business objectives. As needed, present and report status to the IDH steering group and other leadership groups.
- Work closely with all the Application - Data Agile teams to ensure that the overall vision and goals for the IDH programs. As needed, create, and foster dedicated Agile teams to execute the projects.
- Directly or matrix-manage a team of 5 - 8 subject matter experts. As needed, hire, mentor and manage these personnel.
- Serve as a technology thought-leader in the areas of next-generation application and data strategies, and end-user experience. Aligns with the Application, Infrastructure, Information Security, and Data strategies of the GIT technology organization.
- Fosters strong collaborative and innovative environment and promotes Agile practices.
- Ensures active talent management and facilitates cross-functional opportunities for team members.
- Communicates the IDH vision, strategy and execution status with all stakeholders.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- Fifteen or more (15+) years of strong application and data strategy, architecture and implementation experience within the asset management or financial industry.
- Previous experience with the Trading platforms and / or real-time Investment data solutions highly recommended.
- Strong leadership skills with deep hands-on experience leading strategic, cross-functional, multi-year projects through all phases of delivery.
- Expertise in the data, architecture, and implementation strategies, and up-to-date with the latest industry and technology paradigms and practices.
- Must possess strong Investment data domain knowledge.
- Ability to manage teams supporting multiple business priorities and business-aligned Agile software teams.
- Experience directly managing or matrix-managing team of subject matter experts.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Must have a strong service orientation with enthusiasm for identifying and developing creative solutions.
- Experience designing and delivering presentations and training to diverse audiences, including groups that include senior management and administrative staff members as well as groups that include technical and non-technical personnel and clients of MFS.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."