Director - Equity - Investment Solutions
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE
The Director in the Investment Solutions Group establishes the research agenda, researches and integrates MFS's investment views, develops insights, thought leadership and curates a learning curriculum for MFS's field teams across channels. This role may lead a team and/or work independently as a subject matter expert in close coordination with the investment department globally in harvesting and delivering these views and showcasing MFS's investment expertise via client ready presentations, white papers, webcasts, and podcasts. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Develop and implement a comprehensive ongoing thought leadership research agenda and program related to issues of most interest to clients in equities.
- Lead the development of MFS's thought leadership collateral to support an enhanced client engagement model by working closely with both client facing and investment management teams. This includes identifying and developing a perspective on investment topics that MFS's relationship management teams can bring to clients to build strategic partnerships.
- Learn MFS's investment capabilities in equities, integrate the perspectives and of relevant investment sub teams and lead the compilation and development of MFS house views, create and maintain presentations to support the investment teams.
- Travel with the institutional and retail teams to participate in client events, conferences and road shows to communicate MFS views to develop and deepen client engagement.
- Develop training tools, videos, white papers and discussion guides to enhance MFS's distribution expertise and dialog with retail and professional buyer clients.
- Bachelor's degree required; CFA, MBA or other Masters' degree required.
- Thorough understanding of investment management industry with extensive experience with institutional and professional buyer clients is required .
- Minimum 10 + years' experience in client facing and/or research roles and in researching and delivering technical content.
- Credibility and deep Equity expertise necessary to partner with portfolio managers, investment analysts and institutional portfolio managers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong presentation experience required. Ability and willingness to create and deliver presentations is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively with business partners is required.
- Demonstrated expertise with investment related software, all components of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Factset, Bloomberg, BARRA is a plus.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively and manage multiple tasks simultaneously within tight deadlines.
- Superior analytical skills required.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."