Director - Business Risk & Control
Working as part of Columbia Threadneedle's Global Operations and Investor Services (GOIS) Business Risk & Control team, delivering operational, regulatory and/or financial risk management support to GOIS business units. Ensure an integrated risk framework and strong control environment by leading the organization in the proactive identification of risk, continuous control improvement and issue mitigation. Responsibilities
- Provide operational risk and controls thought leadership and expertise to GOIS. Working with the Global Head of BRC to develop risk management strategies that drive identification, quantification and mitigation of risk within the business, while providing acute depth of knowledge and influence. Benchmark industry-wide data and act as a liaison with industry sources GOIS up to date on trends, best practices, issues, and concerns.
- Establish and lead NAM implementation of a governance framework designed to monitor and ensure efficacy of operational risk management and process controls within GOIS. Influence adoption of governance protocols and change controls across departments of GOIS. Implement reporting routines that ensure strong communication and interaction with all stakeholders including other CTI and Ameriprise risk partners.
- Integrate Business Continuity Planning (BCP) into GOIS risk management processes. Align BCP's with GOIS functional and organizational structure to account for the global operating model and evolving operating platform and systems. Ensure BCP's meet all relevant standards and testing protocols; and are well understood and adopted by business leaders.
- Ensure control examinations are completed thoroughly and accurately. Liaise with internal and external auditors to establish consistent, systematic communication of exam responses and facilitate the exam process.
- Provide knowledge and expertise to the management of complex risk incidents, including business continuity events, to ensure thorough communication, timely risk mitigation and root cause identification. Assess if issues are corrected appropriately and controls/mitigation are put in place. Facilitate and lead crisis prevention sessions and post-follow-up.
- Lead GOIS Operational Risk Management Framework (ORMF) delivery in NAM including RCSAs, Scenario Planning, Emerging Risk Analysis, Outsourcing Risk Analysis, Deep Dives. Agreeing findings with business leaders and other lines of defense resulting from RLO testing, RCS assurance, SOX testing etc.
- Manage a team responsible for supporting the GOIS operational risk controls and BCP function. Co-ordinate and, work with functional RLOs and business owners to support first line of defense Risk Management delivery.
- Bachelors degree and 10+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong ability to lead, partner and influence across leadership levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to drive results and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently.
About Our Company
- Influencing all levels up to Senior Management in the business unit/ function to deliver on their operational risk responsibilities
- Ability to lead regional activity for the business unit/ function with respect to operational risk management, controls and operational soundness
- Champion effectively the success of 2nd line initiatives in the business unit/ function.
- Strategically astute, understanding business objectives/ direction to ensure risks are identified, understood and managed effectively.
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.