Digital Marketing Strategist
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Global Marketing Team partners with client-facing colleagues to drive marketing efforts that communicate the firm's investment capabilities, culture, and brand. We plan and execute marketing programs to position the firm's capabilities, culture and brand in the context of our client's business challenges, with the objective of retaining clients and growing our business.
The Digital Marketing Strategist will partner with our Marketing Strategists (Channel and Product), and our Global Relationship Group (GRG -Business Development and Relationship Management teams) and others to plan and execute highly effective, measurable, digital campaigns. The strategist will ensure that we set campaign objectives and success measures, identify target audiences, and optimize our use of digital marketing capabilities. The role will be responsible for tracking and reporting how our clients, prospects and consultants are engaging, and will identify and share relevant actionable insights, trends, and behaviors with our GRG teams.
The ideal candidate will develop a deep understanding of the GRG team's book of business, their existing relationships and target prospects. They will understand their business needs, personas and buyer journeys, and dive deep into our digital marketing and CRM data. The candidate will collaborate across our marketing centers of excellence (Digital, Content, Operations and Events) to deliver and maintain best in class, measurable, on-brand experiences for our clients, prospects and consultants across the client journey.
As a member of the Digital Center of Excellence, the candidate will help define or digital engagement frameworks, and educate our marketing and sales colleagues about digital metrics and digital trends in marketing and sales. The candidate will work with their global digital strategy peers to continuously develop, test, and share digital marketing best practices. The Digital Marketing Strategist will identify, pilot and support adoption of new digital capabilities in partnership with the Digital CoE and IT, and help identify regional needs and priorities. They will also act as the digital marketing point of contact in the region.
This is a new role, and we are looking for an experienced and impact driven Digital Marketing Strategist who can be responsible for accelerating the integration and adoption of digital marketing capabilities in the region. The role will have matrixed reporting line, to the regional marketing lead and to the global digital lead. We expect the individual to be data oriented, have digital marketing experience in the investment management industry, a passion for digital marketing technologies, with experience across multiple digital marketing channels (web, email, search, social, syndication, digital events and digital advertising).
The candidate will be comfortable working in and using digital tools (CRM, Marketing and Email Automation, Analytics, Content Calendar and Workflow, Web CMS, SEO and Social platforms).
- Partner with Marketing Strategists and GRG colleagues to ensure that regional marketing plans are fully leveraging our digital marketing capabilities, and work with Marketing, GRG and Operations to keep plans up to date as priorities change.
- Partner with Marketing (Channel, Product, Content) Strategists, and GRG teams to set marketing program objectives, build client and prospect segmentations, and develop cross-channel targeting strategies (email, search, social, 3rd party). Leverage those audience segmentations into integrated marketing programs and campaigns across the client journey.
- Collaborate with marketing and GRG to create, manage and monitor digital marketing programs in Marketo, Salesforce and our analytics tools.
- Establish and report on digital program metrics and KPIs and measure impact of those programs. Monitor and analyze digital analytics to identify opportunities and communicate insights to both Marketing and GRG.
- Document and share digital best practices and templates for digital programs with the broader global marketing team.
- Be the primary point of contact to guide how we leverage the firms digital capabilities (web, email, social, search, CRM and analytics) in the region, and work with internal colleagues and external agencies to update and maintain the client and prospect experience across these platforms.
- Partner with content strategy to identify best in class regional marketing content across the buyer journey, and determine distribution strategies for social, syndication and search.
- Provide input and guidance on the regional SEO and paid media strategies - keyword research, monitoring progress and making paid search recommendations.
- Monitor competitors and provide suggestions for improvement. Identify and prioritize enhancements to digital platforms and processes.
- Provide regional input on new platforms and capabilities and be the regional champion for new digital tools and processes. Stay up to date on the digital platforms and trends.
- 7+ years of relevant experience
- Deep digital expertise coupled with deep investment management experience (institutional, intermediary, wealth), or financial services experience.
- Experience partnering and aligning with sales and relationship teams to understand the sales journey and align digital marketing initiatives with that journey.
- Knowledge of digital behaviors and preferences across the region.
- Experience with different digital marketing channels - web, email, search, social, syndication, digital events and digital advertising.
- Experience with CMS platforms, Email Automation (Marketo, Marketing Cloud), SEO, SEM, Social Targeting, Google Analytics, Tableau and Salesforce CRM.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Naturally curious and highly proactive.
Digital Marketing Strategist JOB FAMILY
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .