Deputy Head of Corporate Operational Risk
Division: Enterprise Risk Management Organizational Group: Corporate Operational Risk Functional Title: Deputy Head of Corporate Operational Risk (MD ) Location: Boston POSITION OVERVIEW:
State Street's Corporate Operational Risk Group, located within Enterprise Risk Management, is responsible for executing a range of key risk management related activities, including: 1) maintaining and driving continuous improvement in State Street's core operational risk programs; 2) providing ongoing second line of defense oversight and challenge of the business areas' operational risk management activities; 3) coordinating the management and execution of the corporate Operational Risk Committee; 4) implementing the operational risk component of the corporation's business as usual and stress regulatory capital requirements; and 5) managing the corporate insurance program. The Group is seeking a candidate with significant experience in the breadth of operational risk related activities referenced above to help lead the function and manage / direct the individuals involved in developing, maintaining, and implementing all aspects of the corporation's operational risk program. In addition, the candidate will be a key stakeholder in several critical initiatives aimed at creating and ensuring a coordinated second line oversight model for non-financial risk across the Enterprise Risk Management, Corporate Compliance and First Line Control groups. PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Deputy Head of Corporate Operational Risk will:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Manage the ongoing development and maintenance of the corporation's core operational risk programs, including: risk and control assessment tools, operational loss data collection and analysis, operational key risk indicators, and the operational risk appetite framework.
- Direct the development and implementation of corporate operational risk reporting to be presented to and utilized by Senior Management and the Board to ensure effective ongoing oversight of operational risk on a corporate-wide basis.
- Assist in directing a group of business aligned senior operational risk managers responsible for implementing a second line of defense operational risk oversight and challenge program.
- Oversee the activities of the corporation's Operational Risk Committee (ORC), including developing meeting agendas, presenting relevant information, and providing updates to senior risk governance committees on the activities and opinions of the ORC.
- Oversee execution of the programs implemented to comply with both business-as-usual and CCAR related operational risk capital requirements applicable to the corporation. In conjunction with these responsibilities, participate as a member of the senior governance committee responsible for oversight of the corporation's CCAR related activities.
- Effectively interact and manage relationships with relevant internal and external independent review stakeholders ( e.g ., Internal Audit and banking regulators).
- Partner with other areas of ERM, Corporate Compliance and First Line of Defense Control teams to identify opportunities to enhance coordination and, where possible, convergence across operational risk related programs.
ABOUT STATE STREET:
- B.A. / B.S. degree (MBA preferred).
- 10+ years of related experience in banking with a focus in operational risk management.
- Expertise in and knowledge of banking operations, with a focus on custody, capital markets, or investment management activities.
- Willingness and ability to challenge business partners as part of a Second Line of Defense oversight function.
- Expertise in and knowledge of regulatory capital requirements relative to systemically important financial institutions, including experience in successfully executing the operational risk component of CCAR.
- Ability to develop and execute strategic priorities across a range of work streams / responsibilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create and deliver clear, well-structured presentations.
- Proven managerial, team-building, interpersonal, organizational, influencing and analytical skills.
- Strong multitasking skills with the ability to successfully manage a number of work streams to deadlines and high standards of quality.
- Ability to work across all levels of management in the organization, including senior executives.
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $31.62 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.51 trillion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia.
For more information, visit State Street's website at www.statestreet.com .