Defined Contribution Quantitative Researcher
State Street Global Advisors DC Quantitative Researcher (Assistant Vice President)
State Street Global Advisors (SSGA) is the asset management business of State Street Corporation, one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, with a heritage dating back over two centuries. With over $2 trillion in assets under management, SSGA offers one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. The firm's investment culture is built on experience and skill that each of its more than 440 investment professionals and over 2,350 employees around the world bring to every client relationship. SSGA commands a truly global presence with 22 offices and 11 investment centers across 5 continents with its global headquarters located in Boston. SSGA's Defined Contribution Team
With over $450 billion in global defined contribution (DC) assets and over 30 years of DC experience, SSGA is one of the leading investment-only providers of DC solutions in the marketplace today. DC clients rely on SSGA to provide a robust, global investment platform that offers access to virtually every major asset class, capitalization range and style, including low-cost index funds, a suite of QDIA-eligible target date strategies, custom target date and balanced funds, capital preservation investments and distinct DC share classes. In addition, SSGA provides dedicated DC research, thought leadership, and participant communications assistance; demonstrating the firm's dedication to providing holistic DC solutions to clients. SSGA DC Team Website: http://www.SSGA.com/definedcontribution/ Defined Contribution Quantitative Researcher
As a Quantitative Researcher, you will be an integral member of SSGA's Global DC Team. You will have the opportunity to drive innovation in the DC industry by crafting thought leadership, building custom analysis on behalf of existing and prospective clients, and developing new and improving existing investment solutions. You should have strong analytical and technical skills and excel at working in a dynamic environment where the problems that need to be solved change on a continuous basis, and where identifying the nature of the problem is an integral part of the innovation process.
The position will be located in Boston and will report directly to the DC Head of Investment Strategy What we would need you to do:
Education & Qualifications:
- Develop analytical tools for internal use
- Execute and modify existing models and tools written in MATLAB.
- Build ad-hoc models to support sales process
- Working with DC investment strategists to produce charts and tables to demonstrate investment ideas
- Work with client population data to develop customized solutions to meet the needs of clients and their participants.
- Develop new and innovative ways to addressing the investment problems of the DC market.
- Provide investment insight and quantitative research supporting the development of new investment products, solutions, and thought leadership.
- Strong programming and data analysis abilities, with proficiency in MATLAB being most useful.
- Experienced in working with large data sets is desirable.
- 1-4 years of experience in investment management or related field.
- Previous experience in the DC or DB market is a plus
- Exceptional quantitative, technical and analytical skills.
- Advanced degree in technical field such as Economics, Finance, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred.
- CFA designation is a plus.
- Self-starter that will excel and thrive as part of a dynamic team.
Across the world, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and engaged employees are essential to our continued success. Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us. State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.