Database Integration Engineer
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 10 Team:
ClariFI is the industry-leading platform used by investment management professionals world-wide to construct, test, and deploy quantitative equity strategies. Xpressfeed is a powerful data feed management solution, delivering over 200 data sets including point-in-time financials, estimates, industry classifications, ownership, and other financial data. The ClariFI Data Integration Team bridges these two products, writing SQL and optimizing SQL queries and evaluating data quality for use in quantitative strategies. Impact:
The work you do will be used every single day by clients to run both research and production equity portfolios strategies.
What is in it for you:
• Broaden your database development skills on a variety of platforms including SQL Server, Postgres and Snowflake.
• Develop a deep understanding of equity markets and the data that drives them.
• Work closely with quant researchers and software engineers.
• Develop cloud-based data solutions on AWS. Responsibilities:
• Interpret requirements within user stories into actionable designs.
• Develop solutions from designs to support requirements.
• Optimize solutions for speed, memory, and CPU.
• Document the solution for both development and client usage.
• Serve as a subject matter authority.
• Develop tools for automation of testing. Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
• 5 to 8 years of experience in Postgres development.
• Proficiency with software development lifecycle methodologies like Agile and Test-driven development.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Preferred Qualifications:
• Knowledge of scripting languages.
• Extensive experience with Postgres.
• Experience using SQL profilers.
• Familiarity with equity market basics.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $68,300 to $155,900 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
261674 Posted On:
Boston, Massachusetts, United States