- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Acadian Asset
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
The Database Developer / Administrator is primarily responsible for ensuring the availability and optimization of our production, development, and QA database environments. Candidates must have experience with database development and database administration on the SQL Server platform. The ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation is essential. A successful candidate is a motivated self-starter with an aptitude for learning new skills and environments quickly while multi-tasking on more than one deliverable. Experience working in an Agile development environment, python programming, and cloud platforms are a plus.
- Ensure that Acadian’s databases are available to end users at all times, 24x7x365, including on-call rotation
- Provide guidance to delivery teams to ensure that database code is optimized, scalable, and meets standards.
- Implement enhancements and updates to ensure database technology is current
- Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot problems in all environments as they arise
- Ensure that database and query performance are optimized
- Maintain and enhance performance monitoring and error reporting systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related technical field is preferred.
- 2-5 years of closely related experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and later; Additional Microsoft database related technologies such as SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- Exposure to Agile software methodology and CI/CD tools and practices
- Strong T-SQL programming, performance, and optimization
- Experience with backup/recovery tasks, user administration, and SQL Server installation and configuration
- Strong understanding of database replication technologies, configuration and performance in a clustered environment
- Software development or scripting experience (powershell, python, C#, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008/2012, Linux, Sybase ASE 15