Data Visualization Specialist
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours.
Market research is clear: data visualization is a critical element of engagement in content consumption. The Data Visualization Specialist alongside Global Marketing, will play a key role in creating best-in-class online experiences for our target markets and audiences.
It's an exciting time to join our growing Global Marketing team: The Data Visualization Specialist role sits at the cross section of expanding our digital, creative, and content capabilities, helping to grow new areas of our business - particularly Global Wealth.
You will work directly with our subject matter experts (investors and members of our Data Science team) to develop solutions that meet creative best practices and brand standards. Global Marketing is highly collaborative, and the creative process often involves brainstorming and feedback from peers as well as the Creative Director. As such, the role requires flexibility, effective written and verbal communication skills, sound business judgement, and the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment.
The Data Visualization Specialist will engage across the content lifecycle (Plan, Create, Distribute/Activate, and Optimize) with a primary emphasis on creating compelling information design, graphics, charts, and multimedia visuals. Plan
- Partner with our Content Strategists, Writers/Editors, Creative Director, and subject matter experts - investors and members of our Data Science Team - to understand:
- What our experts are trying to communicate;
- Whether the data is serving that objective;
- Who is the target audience and what their interests are;
- Whether and how data visualization can serve the team's objectives.
- Build and maintain a Data Visualization style guide that leverages Wellington brand standards and incorporates best practices and examples specific to data visualization which can serve as a key reference point for other members of the creative teams and agencies.
- Create engaging and intuitive graphic visualizations to tell a story with data.
- Transform data sets, quantitative and qualitative analysis into compelling visuals, including but not limited to charts, graphs, tables, infographics and maps.
- Provide visual, technical, and editorial guidance to business partners as part of our iterative creative process.
- Meet deadlines in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Work with Content Strategists, Writers/Editors, and Creative Director as subject matter experts to iterate and/or tailor content as appropriate across all forms of storytelling including: short/long form narratives, social media posts, and video.
- Partners with Content Strategists, Writers/Editors, and Creative Director to evaluate and respond to client engagement on output (data gathered by the digital team), and consider how it will inform his/her creative output on a going forward basis.
This role requires a creative self-starter with a strong affinity for numbers and quantitative data, as well as a solid understanding of investment concepts. We are seeking candidates with:
- A minimum of five years experience in data visualization and information design.
- A portfolio that demonstrates innovative thinking and mastery of design fundamentals such as layout, typography, color, and interactive design.
- Expertise and proficiency across the Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office programs (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Animate [or equivalent], Acrobat, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Tableau)
- Expertise with charting software and other data visualization tools and techniques.
- Excellent analytical skills: able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- A wide creative range and understanding of what is relevant and appropriate for a given audience or communications medium.
- Strong work ethic and time management skills with commitment to meeting or exceeding deadlines despite competing priorities
- Ability to work within brand guidelines and advise outside agencies on our standards
- The ability to effectively take direction and work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Excellent written, and verbal communication skills, along with presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong attention to detail, quality, and follow-through; commitment to continuous improvement
- Solid understanding of the investment management business, and general comprehension of Wellington's channels, products, and solutions
- Language skills would be advantageous but are not required
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .