Data Steward, Avp
Data Steward, AVP Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Data-Steward--AVP_R-636231/apply
State Street Global Exchanges Data-as-a-Service platform, DataGX(SM), loads, enriches and aggregates investment data. Clients receive the data from DataGX to be able to manage multi-asset class data from any service provider or data vendor for a more holistic and integrated view of their holdings. This platform reflects State Streets years of experience servicing complex instruments for our global client base and our investments in building advanced data management technologies.
Data stewards are business unit and corporate function subject matter experts associated with business data sets. The Data Stewardship function will ensure the ownership accountabilities, requirements and restrictions are adhered to as data moves through the environment. This function is responsible for ensuring and certifying that data is fit for use.
Data Stewards, from the Business and Functional Units, strategically manage governed data within their area of responsibility while ensuring the highest level of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security and usability. The below roles are intended to enable you to assess through current resources individuals that can be designated as Data Stewards or Subject Matter Experts on behalf of your area.
This role will report to the Global Head, Risk DataGX.
First point of contact for data governance and data stewardship activities within DataGX
- Drive the collection and maintenance of key business metadata including: data definitions, data lineage from source to target, and application models. Document in Enterprise Data Governance Management (EDGM)s IBM IGC tool the key reports, key metrics, and critical data elements for DataGX
- Obtain Provider Consumer Acknowledgements Approvals in IGC for upstream and downstream sources for DataGX.
- Define the areas support structure, processes and mentoring for data stewardship within the Global IT Projects implementation lifecycle. Approve stories in RTC application after every IT Project iteration / sprint
- Understand the DataGX business direction, processes, rules, requirements, deficiencies, defined by the Data Governance Board with insight and guidance to make informed decisions
- Drive the Data Quality initiative using Corporate data quality tools, ensure the resolution of data, information and processing challenges that are having an adverse impact on the operational environment and/or business performance are managed and documented. Identify opportunities for improvement and incorporate it into the data strategy.
- Assist with the ISRMP recertification, AIW recertification, Internal Audit, External Audit, and FRBB audits
- Ensure data adheres to all business and enterprise standards
- Work collaboratively in the area continually measuring performance to data governance and data stewardship KPIs to facilitate methods to address exceptions to predetermined thresholds
- Liaison to the Enterprise Data Governance and Management (EDGM) Organization and the members of the Data Governance Board where you will be expected to :
- Consult with EDGM on the creation of intakes for DataGX applications for the Data Governance (IBM IGC) tool to refresh the meta models after every IT release
- Document data lineage in IGC
- Add field elements and definitions to the State Street IGC Global Glossary
- Link DataGXs field elements to other State Street Global Glossary field elements in IGC
- Work with EDGM to review the Data Governance corporate policy and provide feedback if Data Governance processes have been updated
- Strong leadership and organizational awareness with ability to facilitate and resolve conflicts
- Strong understanding of data management concepts, principles and practices
- Ability to understand the data models, data taxonomy, and a deep appreciation of data standards and data quality
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Experienced in managing/monitoring data platforms with data driven objectives
- Understand financial instruments and the front-to-back lifecycle process
- 10+ years of Financial Services industry is required
- BA/BS Computer Science / Business /MIS; Masters and/or MBA a plus
- Team player with professional and positive approach
- Flexible and can adapt easily to changing and evolving role requirements
- Creative, innovative and able to think outside of the box
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient
- Effective communicator at all levels of the organization
Posted 5 Days AgoFull timeR-636231
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .