Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
As a Data Architect, you will analyze, assess, document and design scalable and sustainable data architecture and data management solutions, addressing critical business use cases. You will partner with cross-functional teams to provide subject matter expertise on data architecture that includes designing, creating, deploying and managing solutions that align with enterprise data strategy.
- Significant experience working in complex data environments in an engineering, design and architecture capacity; including enterprise warehouses, marts, ODS'
- Experienced with cloud technologies.
- Proficiency at understanding enterprise data architecture concepts, master data management, data modeling and design techniques.
- Proven success in composing and executing on long term data strategies
- Solid experience in driving Automation, Data Quality, Security and Governance practices.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions in integrated data environments.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the organization, combining facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Demonstrated organizational ability and maturity, for working effectively across different organizational units and business groups.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Partners with business and technology teams to define and implement solutions supporting the Distribution department.
- Drives the database architecture and technology vision for Distribution, aligning with the enterprise data strategy.
- Proactively investigates, proves out and incorporates new technologies and capabilities as required.
- Defines patterns and standards for data platforms, design, engineering and development.
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Business Data Processing, Computer Information Systems or related field is required.
- Minimum five - seven (5-7) years' data modeling experience in an agile work-environment delivering transactional and operational, reporting/analytical (EDW/Data Lake/NoSQL) solutions.
- Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, ETL/ELT, BI/Analytics Data Repositories development.
- Understanding of enterprise and reporting modeling concepts, including dimensional modeling, snowflakes, slowly changing dimensions, schema on read, irregular dimensions, and surrogate, compound and intelligent keys.
- Experience with Data Modeling Tools (Embarcadero ER/Studio preferred), Knowledge of Data Modeling in Agile Software Development Framework.
- Minimum five - eight (5-8) years Relational database (Sybase, Oracle or MS SQL server) experience (SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, etc.).
- Industry: 3 years' experience within the investment and mutual fund management industry, high level knowledge of securities & products, counterparties, positions, and transactions data.
- Ability to describe the role of data architecture in supporting diverse use cases such as business processes, Cloud solution, Data Lake, BI, data migration or master data management (MDM).
- Experience with ETL (Informatica's PowerCenter), data quality, data profiling and ad-hoc query tools.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."