Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
The Corporate Counsel will consolidate, build, and lead a team responsible for supporting Wellington Management's global corporate and business activities. The role will report to the Americas Regional Head of Legal.
The Corporate Counsel will provide legal support, advice, and counsel to business leaders across the firm and will require strong collaboration among regions globally. Responsibilities will include supporting:
- Human Resources - broad analytical and transactional support (including disputes resolution)
- Corporate secretarial activities
- Intercompany arrangements
- Business commercial relationships
- Real estate arrangements
- Intellectual property matters
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- 12-18+ years of experience practicing law
- Good business judgment and strong counselling skills
- Employment law experience
- Litigation experience
- Willingness and ability to learn new areas of law
- Experience at a national law firm or relevant in-house experience
- Excellent legal and analytical skills
- Creativity and ability to work under pressure
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment globally
- Exhibits curiosity, humility, and empathy
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .