In this role, you will provide guidance and support to various lines of our insurance and annuities business including, New Business, Operations, Reinsurance, Compliance and Legal Affairs. Support the management of regulatory examinations and productions. Assist senior members of the General Counsel's Office in the research of complex legal matters and drafting agreements, policies and other documents related to the same. This role will report to VP and Group Counsel.
If you are not located close to a physical office, remote work is considered for qualified candidates. Responsibilities
- Conduct research of legal and regulatory requirements, as well as industry practices. Provide appropriate recommendations for decision making and various courses of action.
- Provide advice and transaction support to lines of insurance and annuity business, demonstrate an understanding of general principles of law, and assist in supporting business partner objectives, while noting legal risks and parameters under various courses of action.
- Support the management of our insurance companies' state insurance exams, including market conduct exams and regulatory inquiries. This will include day-to-day management in receiving market conduct regulatory notices and inquiries; coordinating responses to exams, filings and inquiries and liaising directly with our regulators regarding such exams, flings and inquiries.
- Advise business partner on the development and enhancement of internal policies and procedures that enhance or solve for legal concerns and mitigate business risk. Draft and review communications, agreements, policies, and opinions on legal matters on behalf of business partners or other Counsel.
- Admission to Bar
- 4+ years of major law firm experience within insurance practice or relevant in-house insurance experience.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in particularly the ability to communicate complex concepts in a manner that is clear, concise and actionable.
- Proven problem-solving skills that demonstrate ability to critically evaluate and analyze issues and recommend well though-out and/or creative solutions.
- Ability to drive results with minimum supervision and handle day-to-day inquiries independently with judgment as to when to escalate more complex matters.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners, and across the General Counsel's Office and the enterprise, while working respectfully with colleagues and driving results.
- The candidate must have the ability and desire to take on multiple projects, effectively prioritize each project, and balance thoughtful decision making with careful and timely execution. The candidate must also have strong and effective organizational and interpersonal skills; be highly accountable, dependable and motivated.
- Excellent references, maturity, and judgement are requirements for this role.