- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 24 Mar 18 2018-03-24
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Counsel will be part of a team responsible for advising on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues for Wellington Management's institutional investment management business in the Americas region.
Responsibilities will include:
Provide advice and support for Wellington Management's institutional separate account and sub-advisory business in the US, Canada and Latin America. This includes providing day-to-day legal support for business teams who develop and manage client relationships, and advising various business and operational teams on the firm's regulatory and fiduciary obligations. Specific activities include advising on contract negotiations with clients, analyzing and advising on regulatory requirements in the context of our business, counseling on fiduciary obligations and regulatory risk, and advising on general firm business matters from time to time. While the role is primarily focused on the firm's business in the Americas, it also involves collaboration with global colleagues based in Europe and Asia.
- 8+ years of experience practicing law, including at a national law firm and/or relevant in-house position
- Experience with asset management business and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940
- Experience with the Investment Company Act of 1940 or ERISA is a plus
- Strong legal and analytical skills
- Good business judgment and strong counseling skills
- Pragmatic and risk aware approach to practicing law
- Ability to represent the firm with external clients
- Proven written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to distill and communicate practical advice on complex issues in a fast paced environment
- Curiosity and willingness to flex across diverse coverage areas
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- A sense of humor
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .