Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Senior Corporate Counsel Job Locations US-MA-Boston Posted Date 2 days ago(10/17/2019 2:46 PM) Job ID 2019-2263 # of Openings 1 Category Legal
The Senior Corporate Counsel will be responsible for specific aspects of routine SEC reporting and compliance, corporate governance matters, contract review, litigation management, special legal projects originating from the office of the General Counsel, and assisting with the coordination and maintenance of the insurance program for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Serve as Assistant Secretary for Board related matters, including the assembly of Board and committee materials, the drafting of meeting minutes and the solicitation and review of director and officer questionnaires.
- Maintain the Company’s insider listing and assist in Section 16 insider stock ownership filings.
- Manage the annual shareholder proxy process.
- Participate in the preparation and review of SEC 1934 Act periodic reports, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K.
- Research and advise on corporate governance, SEC, Sarbanes-Oxley and NASDAQ compliance and disclosure matters.
- Manage the Company’s insurance programs and oversee the claims management process.
- Oversee the preparation and filing of bank regulatory applications and notices, including both routine and transaction-related matters.
- Assist in due diligence efforts in connection with mergers and acquisitions and other various activities.
- Provide support on litigation matters.
- Review vendor, consulting and confidentiality agreements.
- Assist in the completion of annual corporate filings for the Company and its subsidiaries.
- Manage outside counsel, as needed.
- Responsible for other duties and special projects as assigned.
The successful candidate will be an experienced professional with superior interpersonal and communication skills who will work well in a team environment, including the legal department, affiliate partners, and the compliance and finance staff throughout the organization.
- BS/BA and JD required, with admission to the Massachusetts Bar
- Executive level presentation skills
- A minimum of 4 years Law Firm experience and/or 7 years as in house legal counsel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience advising financial institutions preferred
Boston Private is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS