Corporate Compliance Senior Specialist-ESG
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
The Corporate Compliance Senior Specialist- ESG is responsible for verifying that MFS complies with regulatory and self-imposed (e.g., principles of responsible investing, stewardship codes, etc.) environmental, social and governance standards ("ESG Compliance Program"). The Senior Specialist will broadly assist MFS with developing an ESG Compliance Program relating to its investment, distribution and corporate activities. Principal Responsibilities:
- Establish, maintain and implement an ESG Compliance Program appropriate to MFS and reflective of best industry practices, regulatory requirements/expectations, and expectations of various stakeholder groups or imbedded in voluntary standards adopted by MFS.
- Establish monitoring program designed to prevent and detect violations of applicable regulatory requirements and/or internal ESG related standards. .
- Coordinate the integration of the ESG Compliance Program across the various groups within the Compliance Department.
- Represent MFS' Compliance Team in internal committees and external industry forums.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners, industry peers, trade associations, and, as appropriate, regulators to understand business needs and opportunities, to assess and articulate regulatory risks associated with existing and/or new business activities, and to provide a framework to enable well informed business decisions relative to regulatory risks.
- Works with the MFS Legal Department and other business units to assess the implications of new trends, rules and regulations and advises senior management and impacted business personnel on necessary changes to be implemented with regard to internal processes, systems, policies and procedures.
- Advise, direct, develop and/or deliver compliance education based on MFS needs.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience. Must have at least 7 year's work experience, with global expertise in environmental, social and governance related matters preferred.
- Investment management operations and advisory functions is a plus. Significant prior exposure to investment management operations and its related rules and regulations is also plus as is direct experience in a compliance-related function.
- Proven ability to develop and foster strong interpersonal relationships and to maintain effective cross-functional teams throughout the organization. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside parties at all organizational levels.
- Proven analytical skills. Make independent decisions, develop creative solutions to problems, advocate for same and manage the implementation through to acceptance.
- Must effectively drive solutions throughout the organization and present ideas in an effective, non-confrontational manner. Escalate issues and advocate for solutions.
- Strong presentation skills are required. Must be able to present comfortably before large groups (40+).
- Some periodic travel, domestic and international, may be required.
- Proficiency in another language is a plus.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."