Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Performance Services is responsible for the oversight and analysis of performance, attribution and composites across all asset classes. The Composite Team has oversight responsibilities with respect to the Firm's policies and procedures for compliance with the Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS®) including composite management and analysis.
The Composite Analyst role on the Composite Team works closely with Investment Products & Fund Strategies, Marketing and Compliance to oversee all composites in support of the Firm's marketing efforts. Maintaining tight controls over this critical function is necessary to ensure the Firm remains compliant with the GIPS standards. The Composite Team acts in a consulting manner for questions around interpreting the GIPS standards including composite construction, GIPS Composite Report content, investment discretion, and client guideline changes to name a few. The individual will have a seat on the firm's Composite Working Group, whose goals are to review all composite requests for approval, opine on some of the more challenging topics and develop institutional policies around our composite construction, creation of GIPS Composite Reports, and oversight. This effort requires the development of an understanding of the various investment approaches offered by the Firm.
- Develop and maintain expertise around the GIPS standards including guidance statements and Q&A put forth by the CFA Institute as well as industry knowledge from verifiers; evaluate, interpret and implement changes to the standards and make the appropriate recommendations for the Firm's GIPS policies
- Create and maintain the GIPS Composite Reports, including side-by-side composite reviews with Investment Product & Fund Strategies and updates required based on Composite Working Group decisions
- Develop robust knowledge of products in order to work with Investment Product & Fund Strategies on composite performance, construction, and disclosures and provide guidance on possible solutions within the framework of GIPS
- Participate in the monthly Composite Working Group meetings by writing and presenting materials for discussion, asking thoughtful questions, delivering recommendations and implementing decisions
- Composite construction and membership integrity, including composite descriptions, benchmark mappings and disclosures, non-discretionary accounts reviews, monitoring account opening and closings, and evaluating the impact of client guideline changes
- Establish and maintain policies and procedures on composite oversight; seek opportunities to improve the workflow, infrastructure and communication with Investment Product & Fund Strategies and Marketing
- Manage long-term projects including systems and infrastructure enhancements and the annual GIPS verification
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Ability to interpret the GIPS standards by drawing on practical experience and provide guidance for composite construction, investment discretion, risk disclosures and benchmark appropriateness; demonstrated knowledge of GIPS Composite Reports and industry practice
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tactical and strategic goals in a fast-paced environment; comfortable with changing priorities based on business demand
- Demonstrated analytical skills and investment curiosity; the ability to draw out and understand the key differences of various investment approaches; ensure these key differences are reflected in GIPS Composite Reports
- Effective oral and written communication skills; the ability to deliver complex information objectively for open discussion and follow up with an opinion or recommendation
- Desire to work collaboratively within and across teams to support and enhance the control framework and communication around composite membership
- Strong attention to detail, strong work ethic, comfort with learning new systems and the ability to present information concisely and effectively
- Knowledge of multi-asset, fixed income, and/or equity, asset classes is preferred
- Strong academic credentials; CFA, CIPM and/or MBA preferred
- Two years or more of relevant experience is preferred
Composite Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .