Compliance Risk Monitoring, Officer Boston, Massachusetts/en-US/Global/job/Boston-Massachusetts/Compliance-Risk-Monitoring--Officer_R-630346/apply Job Description
The Compliance Risk Monitoring Team (CRMT) within Corporate Compliance is part of the firms integrated approach to monitoring Compliance Risk across the First and Second Lines of Defense. As an integral component of the company-wide compliance monitoring approach, CRMT is responsible for performing monitoring and testing over key areas of Compliance Risk, including the top Compliance Risks identified for the firm that fall under Corporate Compliances remit as the Second Line of Defense (SLOD). The CRMT Analytics Analyst reports to a CRMT Surveillance Manager, who is responsible for leading a team of global professionals in the design and execution of monitoring activities developed to identify potential breaches of Regulatory Obligations and Corporate Compliance policies and that make use of analytical techniques to identify higher risk areas for sampling and identify anomalies in large data sets.
In this role, the CRMT Analytics Analyst will:
- In concert with the CRMT Monitoring Teams, design monitoring and testing activities that rely on enhanced analytical techniques for areas deemed to be of higher focus within a particular Compliance Risk
- Support the management and sourcing of data within CRMT and ensure a high level of data quality, integrity, privacy, availability, security and usability
- Execute substantive outcome monitoring using analytical techniques to detect potential breaches of Regulatory Obligations (Outcome-Based Monitoring). This could include examining specified transactions and/or records and supporting documentation to determine whether an attribute within a population or a sample produces an expected outcome (irrespective of the related controls, if any)
- Liaise with their CRMT colleagues all over the globe to share and complete deliverables
This position is perfect for an individual who has expertise in data analysis, compliance, or audit functions within the Financial Services sector, who possesses strong attention to detail and coordination capabilities, and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. It is a role from which a successful candidate may develop a career further in Compliance or in other risk and control areas.
- Work with CRMT monitoring teams to design high value, efficient monitoring activities
- Support the collection and maintenance of key business metadata including data definitions; rules; lineage; data lifecycle; security; privacy; and process, organization, location and application models.
- Execute said monitoring activities in line with established standards and execution plans
- Perform in-depth technical and analytical review of data as necessary to perform assigned monitoring activities
- Provide timely execution and ensure quality of work product, including preparation of workpapers
- Establish and maintain relationships with the other CRMT staff members globally
- Complete assigned periodic training as required by corporate methodology (annually, quarterly, etc.)
- Identify real-time CRMT process improvements and suggest resolutions when applicable
- BA/ BS (or equivalent experience) in a related field
- Minimum of 4-5 years relevant work experience with risk, compliance, or audit functions within the financial services sector preferred
- Familiarity with data analysis functions and understanding of different database structures or equivalents; proficiency with SQL and SAS programming languages, as well as Tableau
- Ability to analyze, manipulate and understand large data volumes effectively
- Experience working with a variety of information systems and data files, including large and complex files or systems
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to communicate with and appropriately influence all levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong customer focus
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-630346
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. Its also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. Youll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, we consider applications for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status, and other characteristics protected by applicable law. For more information, for U.S. jobs only, please read our .