Compliance Manager, Asset Management Compliance
The Compliance Manager is part of the Account Establishing Team within Investment Compliance and is responsible for analyzing investment guidelines for institutional separately managed accounts and mutual, sub-advised, private and collective funds. The Compliance Manager codes investment restrictions in the respective order management system to assist the Portfolio Managers in managing accounts within the investment guidelines and provides training Portfolio Managers on their accounts. Responsibilities
• Perform timely and effective reviews of investment management agreements and prospectuses to identify and analyze investment guidelines and restrictions.
• Coordinate and collaborate with the contracts office, client service, product and/or legal to clarify interpretive issues related to investment guidelines or disclosure documents.
• Ensure guidelines and restrictions are effectively coded into compliance systems for ongoing monitoring of funds/accounts' guidelines and provide training to Portfolio Managers on investment guidelines.
• Work closely with the investment compliance team, portfolio managers, legal and vendors to continuously improve compliance monitoring of investment guidelines and regulatory rules by assisting with rule testing, new rule development, improving the automated monitoring of rules, and ensuring rules are working as intended.
• Provide support to staff with respect to account reviews, restricted list updates and rule coding.
• Assist with various projects and initiatives across investment compliance team, including account guideline training, the periodic review of existing accounts, and continuous process improvements.
• Assist with the ongoing maintenance of procedures and related controls. Required Qualifications
Bachelors degree (4 years) or equivalent
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills with all levels of seniority
• Ability to work independently and as a team, exercise flexibility, initiative, good judgment, and discretion Preferred Qualifications
2-3 years of experience within investment compliance, paralegal, legal, or general compliance
• Compliance rule coding and testing experience preferably using BlackRock Aladdin or similar order management systems
• Understanding of the Investment Company Act of 1940, Investment Adviser's Act, and UK and European regulatory frameworks, such as various UCITs rules
• Understanding of financial instruments across asset classes in the investment compliance monitoring context, including equity, fixed income, and derivative instruments About Our Company
With the right company, life can Be Brilliant®. At Ameriprise Financial, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals - we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential by embracing an inclusive and collaborative culture. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Ameriprise Financial and we can Be Brilliant® together.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.