Compliance Co-ops (Spring 2022)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
• Co-Op New Hire Orientation
• Senior Leadership Speaker Series
• Social & Networking Events
• Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how compliance works at an asset manager.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 11th, 2022 - June 30th, 2022), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements.
There are two co-ops in Compliance: Compliance Learning and Investment Compliance.
Compliance Learning Job Summary
This role on the Compliance Education team provides an exciting opportunity working directly with the Vice President of Compliance Education and a small group of managers to develop content for our Global program. You will be responsible for developing content for our Compliance intranet, emails, newsletters, etc. The position involves acting as an integral part of the team by bringing content together, researching and gathering additional information as needed.
- Write, review and edit copy for intranet internal emails, newsletters. Work on the editorial review of the content.
- Interact with people from different departments within Compliance to summarize and highlight key policies and initiatives.
- Maintain content on the Department's SharePoint intranet
- Perform research as needed.
Interviews for those selected will be held virtually via Zoom on October 18-20. While our co-ops typically work out of our Boston, MA office, provisions will be made to adapt to a wholly or partially virtual environment should circumstances require. Co-ops will need to work from the US even if partially remote.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a communications-related field.
- Successful candidates in this position have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have solid writing skills and ability to break down complex topics into clear, concise concepts
- Ability to take initiative, to utilize resources, and to communicate effectively.
- Commitment to learning, creativity and critical thinking
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and meet deadlines
- Comfortable working as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- PowerPoint and/or SharePoint experience a plus.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."