Communications and Graphic Design Co-op (January 2020)
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
• Co-Op New Hire Orientation
• Senior Leadership Speaker Series
• Social & Networking Events
• Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how information technology works at an asset manager.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 7, 2020- June 26, 2020), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements. About the Communications and Graphic Design Co-op
This role on the Global Technology and Investment Operations (GTIO) team provides an exciting opportunity involving working directly with a Senior GTIO Manager and a small group of managers aiding as content providers. Use your graphic design skills to effectively communicate messages for the display boards in our headquarters. You will be responsible for creating the weekly newsletter GTIO This Week for the department using presentation software for the display boards and an email version. The position involves acting as an integral part of the team by bringing content together, researching and gathering additional information as needed. Principal Responsibilities
- Compile all the different sources of information, design slides in PowerPoint for display boards and summarize content for the email format.
- Work on the editorial review of the content.
- Optimize the appearance and structure of both channels of communication while ensuring consistency.
- Research the latest technology news and summarize for your co-workers.
- Maintain process documentation and write new procedures when needed.
- Interact with people from different departments within GTIO.
- Maintain content on the Department's SharePoint portal
- Knowledge about the latest news and technology used within MFS and in the industry.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in a communications-related field. Aptitude for and comfort with technology is important.
- Ability to take initiative, to utilize resources, and to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint required.
- Experience with Photoshop strongly desired.
- SharePoint experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."