Client & Consultant Service Representative
Walter Scott is seeking a Client & Consultant Service Representative who will be responsible for both servicing the existing clients and direct calling on consultants in the US and Canada. The key purpose of the role is to support the Head of Client Service in the management of Walter Scott's clients and consultants in the USA and Canada. This role will also require the individual to help develop and implement a number of sales strategies to maximize opportunities the relevant channels
Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain & develop strong and thorough relationships with Walter Scott existing clients across North America through dedicated service levels for each one based upon their IMA and any other requirements
- Maintain a deep working knowledge of clients' portfolios, through integration and cooperation with the Walter Scott investment team and attendance of research and company meetings when in Edinburgh.
- Prioritize the efforts of the team with the key North American consultants and help develop and implement the strategy for deepening these relationships.
- Attend industry conferences across the region to further build the Walter Scott brand
- Help the team establish the business development strategy for Walter Scott's North American business across the relevant channels including close coordination with the Edinburgh based team relating to potential new products
- Review RFPs and RFIs with the Edinburgh based RFP team and US based colleagues
- Provide accurate and appropriate management information on a timely basis as required
- Ability to travel to Edinburgh on a regular basis to ensure knowledge level maintained
- The role requires working closely with colleagues in the US and Edinburgh across a range of areas. This includes client service, client management, investment managers, operations personnel and members of the following group (performance and risk measurement, compliance/legal, client reporting and marketing)
Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
Series 7 and Series 63 required
7-10 years of total work experience preferred
Experience in the Investment Management industry preferred
Experience in a Customer-facing role, Sales Support, Global Capital Markets or Product Management
A good understanding of the relevant marketplace, competitive landscape, and industry drivers in the relevant region is preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Strong relationship building and relationship management skills
Strong working knowledge and competency of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Basic Project Management experience
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-Massachusetts-Boston Internal Jobcode:
Asset Management Organization:
Walter Scott & Partners-HR06152 Requisition Number: