Client Transitions Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$943 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2016, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Client Transaction Services
The Client Transaction Services (CTS) group provides full service expertise supporting all functions related to new client on-boarding and provides ongoing operational servicing to our separate account clients. Among the many client facing and firm services provided are project management coordination of account openings/closings, reporting, client flow and accounting support. Through our understanding of trading instruments, market conventions, client documentation requirements, past transition risk areas, and firm navigation, CTS plays an important role in the client experience, while focusing on risk mitigation.
The Client Transaction Analyst (CTA) is a member of the Client Services Group (CSG) and is responsible for supporting the operational aspects of various client transitions including the funding of new mandates, all asset-in-kind flows, terminations, and product/portfolio changes, while maintaining an emphasis on operational risk management within the control environment. The CTA works closely with the Client Integration Managers, Client Service Management, Portfolio Services, Trading and other functional areas of the firm to ensure a consistent service model in transitioning client assets and to mitigate risk during the client transition process.
Key responsibilities of the Client Transaction Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- End to end processing of asset-in-kind events.
- Serving as primary point of contact internally and externally for all assets-in-kind transition events.
- Supporting the Client Integration managers in the development and implementation of transition strategies.
- Ensuring procedures and best practices are sufficiently mitigating operational risk, updating and defining new procedures as needed.
- Working closely with IT support team to identify, design, and implement process improvements and systems enhancements to increase efficiency, scalability, and reliability
- Provide exceptional service alpha for clients
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong collaborator who can work well in a small team in a fast paced environment with attention to detail.
- Highly motivated with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with a strong focus on client service.
- Broad knowledge of the investment process, including portfolio construction, trading, and investment administration.
- Strong Excel skills and experience with tools used for data analysis such as Access, SQL, Tableau.
- Experience with investment operations, reconciliation, compliance, performance considered favorably.
- Exceptional business judgment with strong analytical and problem solving skils.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience. Bachelor's degree required with dvanced degrees and/or professional designations (e.g. CFA) viewed favorably.
Client Transitions Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .