Client Services and Consultant Relations Co-ops
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
MFS is a premier investment management firm with a rich history and a growing global reputation. Since 1924, when our founders invented the mutual fund, collaboration and innovation have fueled our success. When you join our team, you will be challenged by the work you do, and you will share your talents with a vibrant network of vested individuals to create an elite organization and build a rewarding career.
This Co-op experience provides participants with a meaningful, relevant work experience as part of their academic studies. In addition to daily responsibilities, participants will have the opportunity to participate in a series of structured activities designed to enhance their learning experience including:
• Co-Op New Hire Orientation
• Senior Leadership Speaker Series
• Social & Networking Events
• Presentation Challenges
At the conclusion of this position, co-ops will have increased their knowledge of investing, the mutual fund industry, employee engagement, and a firm understanding of how client services works at an asset manager.
MFS co-op positions are a 6-month commitment (January 7, 2020- June 26, 2020), working Monday - Friday and work between 35-40 hours. Our program is designed for undergraduate students who are currently enrolled in a co-op program through their college or university and can meet our requirements. All students must be authorized to work in the United States. About Client Services and Consultant Relations
Within MFS, the Global Consultant Relations
Team works to establish strong relationships with the consultant community and ensure our strategies are favorably rated by these firms. The Consultant Relations Co-op
role will mainly support the efforts of the global consultant relations team in home and satellite offices.
The Client Service and Relationship Management Co-op
provides assistance to our Product Management, Client Service and Relationship Management teams. An ideal candidate must be a self-starter, enthusiastic about working with a diverse team, and comfortable assisting those in senior roles. A candidate should expect to develop numerous useful professional skills including presentation creating/editing, data management, and coordinating client meetings.
Some principle responsibilities of co-ops in these groups may include:
- Assisting Office Associate with the scheduling and arranging onsite client meetings (presentation materials, refreshments, conference rooms)
- Providing Product Management, Relationship Management, and Client Service with office administration services such as binding presentation materials, updating of databases, and ordering supplies.
- Researching relevant topics through consultant authored white papers, and completing special projects as required by the team.
- Establishing, maintaining and enhancing administrative policies, projects and procedures pertinent to the division.
- Attending weekly team meetings
- Special projects for the department as needed such as CRM updates in SalesLogix, PowerPoint presentations, and working in excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills and passion for developing relationships.
- Strong analytical, communication, organizational and project/people management skills.
- Expertise in spreadsheet, data base and word processing applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as highly motivated with minimal direction, and must have the ability to meet deadlines.
- Drive, enthusiasm, creativity and excellent interpersonal skills
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."