Client Services Writer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Client Investment Services within the InvesTech Group has an open position for a Writer based out of the Boston office supporting the Questionnaires Team. The Writer will be primarily focused on firm-level responses in questionnaires, with a particular focus on Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) responses.
The submittal of well-written questionnaires is often a critical step in the institutional sales and client reporting processes. To that end, the dedicated Questionnaires Team within Client Investment Services is responsible for the development of high-quality RFPs (Requests for Proposals), RFIs (Requests for Information), DDQs (Due Diligence Questionnaires), 15c's, and other ad hoc questionnaires/deliverables that 1) assist in the procurement of new business; 2) meet the complex reporting requirements of current clients; and 3) accurately, clearly, and articulately describe the firm and its investment solutions.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
- Writing, coordinating, editing, and proofreading firm-level responses to questionnaires, working with subject matter experts across the firm
- Developing an expertise in ESG content as well as a familiarity across the many other facets of firm-level content (e.g., trading, compliance, operational risk, etc.) to effectively craft and enhance responses
- Serving as an internal ESG resource to the Questionnaires Team
- Peer reviewing questionnaires and other deliverables completed by the team as needed to ensure response accuracy, data reasonability, etc.
- Willingness to absorb overflow questionnaires and other work during peak periods
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong academic credentials and 3 - 5 years of relevant RFP/writing experience in the investment industry
- Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in capital markets/investment knowledge, particularly in the ESG space . An MBA or CFA, or progress toward these qualifications, is a plus.
- Excellent investment writing, quantitative, and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and able to work on multiple assignments and complete high-quality work against strict and competing deadlines that are dictated by prospects, consultants, and clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; familiarity with Qvidian will be viewed favorably.
- A positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential.
Client Services Writer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .