Client Services Engineer
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Oct 18
About Man Group
Man Group is a global active investment management firm, which runs $113.7bn* of client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world. Headquartered in London, the firm has 15 international offices and operates across multiple jurisdictions. Our business has five specialist investment engines, which represent the range of our capabilities: Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man GPM.
These engines house numerous investment teams, working collaboratively within the framework of Man Group, with a high degree of investment autonomy. Each team benefits from the strength and resources of the firm's single operating platform, enabling their primary focus to be seeking to generate alpha for clients. The teams invest across a diverse range of strategies and asset classes with highly specialized approaches, with long only and alternative strategies run on a discretionary and quantitative basis in single and multi-manager formats. Our clients are at the heart of everything we do and we engage in close dialogue with our investors as strategic partners, to understand their particular needs and constraints. Man Group's investment teams are empowered and supported by our institutional infrastructure and technology, which aims to facilitate the efficient exposure to markets and effective collaboration across the organization.
Through the Man Charitable Trust and sponsorship of the Man Booker Prizes, Man Group is committed to promoting literacy and numeracy on a global scale, and to supporting charitable causes more broadly.
Man Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange under the ticker EMG.LN and is a constituent of the FTSE 250 Index. Further information can be found at www.man.com.
*As at 30 June 2018. All investment management and advisory services are offered through the investment "engines" of Man AHL, Man Numeric, Man GLG, Man FRM and Man Global Private Markets (GPM).
Purpose of the role
The Man Group Client Services Engineering team is responsible for the global desktop estate. This role will be focused on supporting and troubleshooting the US desktop and Citrix estate. The role will work closely with the Desktop and Citrix engineering teams based in the UK.
The role will have an input to, and be part of rollout of desktop updates, programs of improvement and make recommendations for changes to improve US user experience
- Responsible for all Installation, configuration, and maintenance of Citrix servers
- Ensure high availability and high-performance across the Citrix Delivery Platform
- Perform daily monitoring and troubleshooting of Citrix servers
- Review existing technology implementations and suggest and implement improvements and upgrades
- Publish desktop and application creation, support, maintenance and patch upgrades
- Develop and maintain user and technical support documentation
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate
Configuration Management Responsibilities (Windows):
- Manage the physical and virtual IT environments across data centers, client computers, and devices using System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Develop and deploy System Center Configuration Manager desktop application and security packages and help ensure creation of desktop image standards
- Manage compliance settings, collections, clients and inventory
- Create SCCM and SQL queries for reporting -Deploy Group Policy Changes and Updates
Configuration Management Responsibilities (Mac):
- Implement, operate and maintain software distribution and end
- point client administration tools through JAMF Casper Suites
- Utilize JAMF Casper to ensure a standard version level of MacOS, applications and security standards across all Macs
- Administer Profiles and Policies using JAMF Casper Suites
Performance Monitoring Responsibilities:
Utilizing performance monitoring tools, such as Systrak and Nagios to ensure desktop and Citrix environments are operating at an optimal level.
Ensure that in respect of all matters in your role, (including the planning and delivery of work), you understand and comply with all company policies, practices and statements relating to risk, compliance and confidentiality. That you anticipate, identify and manage risk issues in accordance with those policies, practices and statements and escalate risk issues to the appropriate management level or committee as necessary.
- 5+ years' experience in Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp, XenServer and SCCM in an enterprise environment
- Demonstrated experience with supporting a mix Windows and Mac environment
- Knowledge of Mac OS and supporting of those via a configuration management platform, preferably Jamf Suites
- Good knowledge and understanding of networking fundamentals
- Experience using terminal commands, Bash scripts and PowerShell
- Experience implementing, administering, and supporting Windows Group Policy
- Knowledge of the ITIL management framework
- Citrix certifications such as (CCP, CCA, CCE, CCIA, CCEE, CCAA) a plus
Excellent Client Service (Internal & External): Speaks the client language. Understands the client. Shows empathy with the client. Shows personal responsibility and is accountable. Manages the client's expectations. Exceeds client's expectations.
Delivers Professional & Ethical Standards: Applies Man Group ethics and values. Demonstrates a positive attitude. Globally oriented. Business aware. Seeks to continuously enhance own relevant skills. Works comfortably in an entrepreneurial environment. Ensures compliance.
Effective Team Working: Valued and sought after as a team member. Recognizes others.