Client Reporting Data Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment assists in the development of system and workflow strategies to promote the use of consistent and accurate data throughout the organization. Work with the business units and other Reporting team members to identify and document the data needs across the distribution units. Collect, update and distribute data files and folders to MFS business users in compliance with the Portfolio Holdings Disclosure Policy. Develop standard reports to support monthly, quarterly and ad hoc requests using existing reporting tools. Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with business units to identify short and long-term workflow, system and data needs for client, marketing and management reporting. Proposes workflow and system strategies tailored to meet business goals for timely, accurate and consistent data.
- Develop the necessary workflow to implement reporting strategies and enhancements. Implements appropriate solutions.
- Review and evaluate internal business users request for data and reports. Determine appropriateness, availability and source of data needs. Prepare data, report and/or system specifications required to facilitate the generation and distribution of the client, marketing or management reporting needs.
- Provide trouble shooting and problem resolution work-arounds to Client Service, Reporting, Investment, Marketing and Technology teams.
- Develop and provide system training to personnel across the distribution units to promote efficient and consistent use of existing source systems and data.
- Provide quality assurance services by conducting system, report and process testing.
- Collect, update and distribute data files and folders to MFS business users in compliance with the Portfolio Holdings Disclosure Policy. Fulfill adhoc data and reporting requests for marketing and management reporting needs where data is not readily available to the requestor.
- Prepare written policies, procedures and checklists for Reporting. Ensure procedures are kept up to date.
- Maintain records of data requests and drives for data files.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience or computer related field.
- Minimum of five years' experience in portfolio administration, reporting or analysis in the financial services industry.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, organizational skills required.
- PC and spreadsheet proficiency required. Experience with MS Office, Intranet and the Internet.
- Ability to take initiative to utilize resources and communicate with others both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks in a deadline driven environment.
- Ability to make independent decisions and develop creative solutions to meet business goals.
- Proven commitment to accuracy.
- Systems testing and systems solutions implementation experience preferred.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."