Client Relationship Manager - Institutional Client Group, VP
State Street Global Advisors Mission:
Invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. State Street Global Advisors Vision:
To be the first investment call for every institutional investor and financial intermediary. GIG Role in Achieving SSGA Vision and Mission:
The Global Institutional Group will drive the sale of a robust mix of innovative solutions to our institutional clients, including active and beta strategies, while delivering a best-in-class service experience within a culture that values diversity, collaboration and learning. Role Description / Charter: Global Institutional Group - Client Relationship Manager
As a Client Relationship Manager (CRM) within SSGA's Global Institutional Group, your role is to ensure our clients receive outstanding client service across the full lifecycle of their experience with SSGA. The CRM is responsible for leading a book of client relationships in partnership with an Account Executive, anticipating, understanding and addressing our clients' needs on a day-to-day basis. The CRM must also develop collaborative relationships across the broader sales, operations, legal, compliance and other internal teams critical to the end-to-end client lifecycle, encouraging a sense of teamwork in how we approach our client relationships. Behaviors:
Responsibilities & Actions:
- Build and maintain a comprehensive understanding of each assigned client, including: their objectives, challenges, current and future needs, and decision-making process. Take ownership of the client experience and ensure client expectations are understood and met.
- Bring the best of State Street to our clients. Act as the client's advocate, deepening SSGA's understanding of your clients to enable us to tailor solutions that address their needs.
- Provide the highest level of client service to help achieve client retention goals and build mutually valuable relationships with clients that meet their needs while also aligning with SSGA's long-term revenue and profitability goals.
- Listen to the client; be proactive and responsive to their needs, crafting partnership arrangements that extend beyond a specific product/strategy. Identify business development and cross-sell opportunities.
- Build strong partnerships with key internal teams and work together to continuously improve our approach to servicing the client.
- Identify and mitigate risks with potential reputational and/or financial impact to SSGA. Socialize complex deals with internal teams during the sales process and self-identify potential control gaps or risks within ICG. Ensure adherence to global compliance requirements.
This position requires that you have:
- Contribute to client satisfaction and retention via best-in-class client service capability and activity, including creating and maintaining a network across client touch points at SSGA and State Street (incl. investments, operations, finance, legal and compliance teams)
- Provide and/or coordinate appropriate representation at client meetings, due diligence visits, portfolio reviews, etc.
- Build a collaborative relationship with internal partners to deliver a consistent, scalable and controllable service model
- Support error-free interactions with clients, including onboarding/change events:
- Take accountability and ownership, making sure all relevant information is communicated and understood by impacted internal teams.
- Facilitate a feedback mechanism to ensure we are continually improving our internal processes.
- Act with urgency, making sure any client issues are appropriately addressed (including data disclosure, privacy and any issues that could result in a negative impact).
- Help support new business goals, specifically supporting client account plans and Focus Strategies.
- Maintain strong presence with clients. Proactively reach out at least once per month, as appropriate, to Platinum clients, and actively solicit client feedback on how SSGA can improve our service model.
- Prioritize activities across teams and partners to ensure client deadlines are met and internal resources are utilized appropriately.
- As the first line of contact with clients, ensure the firm's anti-money laundering and know-your-customer policies (AML/KYC) are properly adhered to at on-boarding and throughout the relationship lifecycle.
- Build a strong local market industry knowledge, including competitors' business models, activities, etc.
- Participate and engage in available learning opportunities.
- A minimum 7-10 years of experience in an institutional client-facing role at an asset management firm
- Proficiency in navigating complex client relationships, including the support of client events and ensuring a deep understanding of client expectations
- A demonstrated ability to form and cultivate positive relationships with both clients and internal partners
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A positive, can-do attitude that motivates and inspires others
- BS or BA required; MBA or CFA preferred
- Series 7 and 63 required
- Series 3 preferred