Client Onboarding Specialist
Coordinate client and intermediary facing processes such as client reporting, on boarding, maintenance and termination events in partnership with CMIA's Retail Intermediary Client Onboarding & Administration BPO on board new dual contract client account and, new Trust Company Investors. Responsibilities
• Perform assigned daily and periodic processes in accordance with established procedures, practices and policies. Gather, review and accurately perform assigned responsibilities meeting or exceeding established timelines, accuracy levels and other service level goals and benchmarks.
• Accountable for proactive identification of issues, developing well thought out and viable solutions that are in line with our core competencies, and established processes. Understand impacts of executing solutions and provide appropriate escalation when client expectations are at risk or cannot be met. Obtain appropriate approvals and alignment from stakeholders and leaders for exception processes.
• Provide coordination across various business and operations teams to ensure alignment and readiness for client facing events such as on-boarding, effectively communicating across multiple audiences. Developed understanding of impacted up-stream and down-stream processes.
• Complete cross training and back up responsibilities.
• Complete retention of records, work and other information, following established procedures and policies. Required Qualifications
• Strong Microsoft Excel & Access skills.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Solid understanding of the intermediary business and investment operations.
• Able to work effectively under pressure, meeting deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
• Ability to work with limited work direction and function effectively in a team environment.
• Access Database proficiency Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelors degree About Our Company
Millions of people around the world rely on Columbia Threadneedle Investments to manage their money. We're intentionally built to help our clients succeed, backed by a global team of 2,000 people including more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. At Columbia Threadneedle, you'll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority. In addition to our competitive total rewards package, employees stay with us because of our culture and commitment to their development. And, backed by the strength of our parent company, Ameriprise Financial, we are committed to providing you with the tools, resources, recognition and rewards to help you shape the career you want.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.