Client Onboarding Manager, AVP
The institutional asset management industry is evolving. Clients need more than products; they need a trusted partner and advisor with a deep understanding of their needs, and who can help them achieve their goals. State Street Global Advisors Trust Company (SSGA) is seeking a motivated Client Onboarding Manager with institutional client experience, who can excel in a fast-paced and competitive environment while working cohesively with their core team. Are you that person?
As a Client Onboarding Manager within State Street Global Advisor's Global Institutional Group, you will be responsible for managing the entire onboarding life-cycle for new and existing client relationships in North America. You will also be part of, and collaborate with, a talented team focused on managing events in an efficient, helpful and timely manner, to match the investment needs of our clients.
To be successful, you will need to develop a thorough understanding of State Street Global Advisor's investment and operational capabilities, service offerings, culture and vision in order to efficiently and effectively lead each stage of an onboarding event. Due to the complex needs of our clients, the most successful Client Onboarding Managers are able to develop collaborative relationships across our sales, legal, operations, compliance, investment, product, finance as well as other internal teams, to achieve deadlines and develop a comprehensive working knowledge of the business and industry. As State Street Global Advisors invests in technology you will be immersed in our efforts toward automation, efficiencies and creative thinking to achieve better ways of interacting with our clients and each other. You will also partner with your colleagues in other regions to ensure global consistency in our processes and to continuously improve the overall experience of our clients.
This role is part of the Global Institutional Group and you will report to the Head of Client Onboarding. The position requires that you have:
Additional Requirements: About State Street
- A minimum of 6-8 years of experience in the investment management industry, working with institutional clients
- Capability to take full ownership of concurrent client onboarding events, focusing on delivering a positive experience by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Proficiency in navigating complex client relationships
- Comprehension of State Street Global Advisor's capabilities and services to successfully complete events in a timely manner
- Demonstrated analytical skills so as to provide thoughtful approaches to tasks and new situations
- Established project management and risk management skills
- The ability to lead, prioritize and execute independently on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- A natural inclination to form and cultivate positive relationships with internal partners to encourage collaboration and positive event outcomes
- Outstanding attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized
- The ability to thrive in a highly regulated environment that demands full compliance with policies and procedures
- A fluid mindset towards technology so as to successfully use and adapt to multiple and new systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn, collaborate and take on additional responsibilities
- A positive, can-do attitude that motivates and inspires others
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.