Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2017, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 55 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Client Analyst (CA) will support the large and varied reporting needs of client relationships on the Financial Reserves Management (FRM) team which focuses on the firm's clients in the Insurance industry. The CA will be responsible for customized client reporting and client materials for a specific book of clients. Producing high quality, accurate, and timely reporting is one of the key aspects of this role. The CA will work closely with others in the Client Group and Investment Products & Strategies.
- Understand the fundamentals of our approaches, the general reporting needs of our clients invested in those approaches, and the guidelines which govern our activities related to marketing and client reporting.
- Develop an expertise in the Insurance Industry and the FRM-focused products to effectively develop and deliver product-level content in client reporting; this includes but may not be limited to, writing attribution and performance commentary, tailoring portfolio positioning and outlook text for different client guidelines, understanding product-specific data nuances, important insurance portfolio metrics, cash flow reporting, etc.
- Prepare all standard and customized client reports and presentations as well as coordinate and/or execute operational inquiries and changes of the client relationship such as client on-boarding, client portfolio closures, and client transitions, guideline changes, benchmark changes, etc.
- Collaborate regularly with product management, portfolio management, guideline, legal & compliance and operations teams across the firm.
- Work on ad-hoc client inquiries.
- Peer reviewing client deliverables completed by the team as needed to ensure accuracy, data reasonability, etc.
- Willingness to pitch in during peak periods.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong academic credentials and 4+ years of professional experience in investment management.
- 2-3 years investment related experience, particularly in fixed income; previous experience in the insurance industry is a plus.
- Progression towards the CFA is a plus.
- Excellent quantitative and communication skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Strong collaborative, time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- The individual must be an independent self-starter, a team player, and execute good business judgment.
- The ability to work on multiple assignments and complete high quality work against deadlines.
- A personable nature with a positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential.
- The position requires extensive use of internal and external systems and databases, and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Client Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .