Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
The Client Analyst ('CA') will be accountable for coordinating client related activities within our Client Group, working with the relationship teams as well as other Wellington line functions to ensure that we successfully deliver on the agreed upon operating and reporting requirements of each of our client relationships.
The Client Analyst provides timely and accurate support to the firm's Financial Intermediaries Group clients. The analyst will work closely with all members of the group as well as many other functional areas of the firm, on a portfolio of assigned accounts. He/she will coordinate and conduct analysis of client portfolios, respond to inquiries on a wide variety of topics, and perform other tasks as appropriate. Key responsibilities include:
- Understand the fundamentals of our approaches, the general reporting needs of our clients invested in those approaches, and the guidelines which govern our activities related to marketing and client reporting.
- Develop an expertise in the sub advisory channel for the Financial Intermediaries Group regarding clients' investments to develop and deliver product-level content in client reporting; this includes but may not be limited to, writing attribution and performance commentary, tailoring portfolio positioning and outlook text for different client guidelines, understanding product-specific data nuances, important channel metrics and reporting, etc.
- Prepare all standard and customized client reports and presentations for upcoming meetings.
- Coordinate and/or execute operational inquiries and changes of the client relationship such as client on-boarding, client portfolio closures, and client transitions, guideline changes, benchmark changes, etc.
- Prepare, coordinate, and respond to custom commentary and ad hoc internal and external inquiries on a wide variety of topics including portfolio and product specific information, investment guidelines, and compliance issues.
- Peer review client deliverables completed by the team as needed to ensure accuracy, data reasonability, etc.
- Willingness to pitch in during peak periods across the team and potentially for other teams in the Client Group.
- Eventually contribute to project work and initiatives that advance the group and firm forward.
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings.
The Client Analyst will have 2-5 years professional experience within the investment management industry, with strong investment and capital markets knowledge. Previous or direct experience supporting client relationships is viewed positively. A college degree is required and a CFA/MBA or progress towards these is preferred. Sound business judgement, strong communication skills, and the ability to express oneself in both individual and group settings are important.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of capital markets and investment products are necessary to facilitate comprehension of client inquiries and requests and experience along the distribution chain for the sub advisory channel a plus.
- Strong academic credentials.
- Strong collaborative, time management, project management, and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail: The ability to not only pull data from the various applications available, but to take a step back and be able to understand whether the data makes sense and consistently produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- The ability to work independently, in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment, where priorities change frequently and deadlines are often under significant time pressure.
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- A personable nature with a positive, collegial attitude and a high level of professionalism are essential.
- The position requires extensive use of internal and external systems and databases, and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Client Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .