Cleared Derivatives Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
As part of the Derivatives Operations group, the Cleared Derivatives Analyst position will be primarily responsible for supporting the cleared margin processes for Futures and Cleared OTC products across the post-execution lifecycle. This will encompass the reconciliation and instruction of daily margin requirements, processing of accounting postings, post-value control reconciliations, as well as managing queries and troubleshooting issues from both internal and external parties. The Cleared Derivatives Analyst will continually look for opportunities to create efficiencies within the aforementioned tasks through workflow and technology and to improve the overall control framework of the process wherever possible.
- Daily review of margin calls from brokers and investigate discrepancies.
- Daily post-value cash reconciliations of collateral and margin movements.
- Daily control reconciliations including holdings, collateral, and currency balances between our internal accounting and the broker statements.
- Serve as an escalation point for incoming queries and issues raised by portfolio managers, trading, clients, custodians, and clearing brokers.
- Manage new account onboardings and account closures in a timely manner.
- Identify and drive projects to improve front to back process efficiency.
- Identify areas of improvement to increase the effectiveness of process controls.
- Participate in industry working groups to identify new clearing opportunities and potential challenges of regulatory changes.
The ideal candidate is highly knowledgeable of Cleared products and processes. An ideal candidate would have a derivative middle office background, be intimately familiar with the Futures and OTC life-cycle processes, and have a working understanding of the operational impact of pending regulatory change.
This position requires independent judgment and decision making. The individual must be well organized, motivated, and possess strong problem solving skills. The successful candidate will have demonstrated analytical and writing skills, effective communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail. While the Cleared Derivative Analyst will work in a team-oriented environment, most projects will be self-directed, often under intense deadline pressures.
Keys to the Position
- Strong knowledge of Cleared Derivatives and their lifecycle
- Strong back and middle office operations background
- Knowledge of trade communication, settlements, futures, and swaps a plus
- Strong Excel and knowledge of SQL highly preferred
The candidate must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of derivatives experience. An MBA, CFA / CAIA, or progress towards either is a plus. JOB TITLE
Cleared Derivatives Analyst JOB FAMILY
Portfolio Services LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .