This job posting isn't available in all website languages ☰ Sr. Chief Engineer New Real Estate 20000963 Requisition #
Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Senior Chief Single Owner Portfolio - Provides direction /oversight and is responsible for the performance of at least one Chief Lead Engineer, A Engineer, and B Engineer. In addition to the Engineers, also provides direction /oversight and is responsible for the performance of multiple Engineers, Lead Engineers and/or Building Engineers. Also may be requested to provide assistance/guidance to other properties in support of the National Engineering Program.
Senior Chief District Level
Position may be created at the District level, funded by the District or the title may be applied to a single building Chief Engineer, partially funded by the District, who provides oversight, coordination, training, quality control etc. as above and in support of the National Engineering Program at the District Level.
Essential Job Duties:
- Audit Operations - Ensure operating personnel are capable of handling tasks (qualified people are in place), people are productive and in compliance with OSHA and EPA.
- Project Management - Ensure project is well defined and understood, develop effective project plan which results in project results that meet cost, schedule, quality, functionality objectives (short and long term) and compliance with business controls.
- Capital Planning - Prepare annual capital plan for building systems, structure, parking, grounds, etc. at site(s) responsible.
- Utility Management - Keep current on state of energy technology related to building systems. Provide recommendations to management.
- Interface with Property Management and Engineering staff to ensure understanding and compliance to all local and national NKF operations requirements.
- Ensure distribution of materials and training is provided to staff on company: Policy & Procedures, Safety requirements, district and national Initiatives, NKF Sustainability Programs, Preventative Maintenance Programs, Scope of Work/RFP development, etc.
- Perform the following: Site Safety Inspections, Property Inspections/Limited Site Assessments, and Quality Control Inspections.
- Responsible for all necessary equipment, maintenance, preventative maintenance, and operational programs.
- Provide assistance and engineering oversight to all properties in District, as requested by DMS, SVP, PM, Engineering Staff --- includes all transition processes, ongoing preventative maintenance programs, special/capital / major equipment / roofing / etc. projects, bidding/vendor management, etc. May be requested to assist managers/engineering staff in troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC and structural issues.
- Assist in New Business pursuits perform and prepare preliminary site audit reports, engineering staff recommendations, proposal development and presentations.
- Manage District vendor relationships.
- Will be required to performed specialized tasks at the sole direction of the Investor Services National Engineering Team in addition to requests at the Portfolio and District levels.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 10-12 years experience as Engineer in 250 KSF or greater Class A building
- Education/Professional Certifications BOMI SMA or FMA, LEED AP or GA, preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience as Chief Engineer in a variety of building environments
- Ten years of verifiable hands on assignments
- Proficiency in the following: Microsoft Word and Excel, CMMS Angus/360 Facilities/others, Building Automation Systems (BAS)
- Ability to generate professional reports and spreadsheets utilizing standard corporate formats and ability to develop and produce same when required
- High level of communications skills to effectively support management/engineering staff to include training programs, vendor management/negotiations, formal presentations
- Extremely high level of troubleshooting skills in the following systems: HVAC air distribution equipment and controls -- chillers pumps cooling tower electrical plumbing
- Ability to assist staff, engineers and management, via telephone and written conversations
- Commitment to improving the Company through education of staff, both professionally and personally, by following all policies and procedures and ensuring the highest level of customer service and professionalism is understood and displayed by our Engineering and Property Management Teams
- Area specific licenses as required
- May perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions: Primarily, work is performed in an indoor, controlled environment but there will be occasional outdoor work. Work may be strenuous at times and may include bending conduit, lifting heavy objects, and standing, stooping, and kneeling for long periods. Standard working shift is daylight, M-F. Overtime, shift changes, and emergency call-ins may be necessary to meet customer requirements.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Newmark Knight Frank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
UNITED STATES, MA, BOSTON
Requisition #: 20000802
© Taleo Social Sourcing. All rights reserved. 0 0