Capital Markets Workflow Specialist
Capital Markets Workflow Specialist, Americas The Grade
( relevant for internal applicants only ): G11 The Location:
New York, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco The Team:
S&P Global Market Intelligence (SPGMI) provides essential intelligence in portfolio analytics, financial data, market insights and research, powering the markets of the future and driving growth at our clients. The Capital Markets Workflow Specialist Team is a global team of professionals, collaborating with Sales and Relationship Managers in complex client deals and engagements. The specialist team is key to designing and implementing pre- and post-sales client solutions of specialized data feeds and analytical products. The Impact:
As an individual contributor, you will work within the scope of the strategic and core client book-of-business assigned to the Capital Markets, Americas team. These have been identified to be among our highest impact accounts. In this role, you will focus not only on driving diagnosis and implementation of our technical solutions, but also closely interacting with our commercial teams on account planning and bringing various strategic business initiatives to clients. You will serve as the point person for internal product specialist and product management groups, making sure client needs are appropriately addressed, and clients are presented with a unified and cohesive message. What's in it for you:
Workflows are at the center of our efforts to provide clients with differentiated experience in retaining and growing our business within the assigned pool of accounts. Your diverse understanding of client workflows, the impact of SPGMI products and services on these, as well as your capability to work and liaise with senior decision makers on both ends of the relationship will determine your success at this position. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67.6k to $154.4k. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Driving and Maintaining Technical Client Relationships
- Lead process and workflow diagnostic for new business sales opportunities. As a workflow specialist, diagnosing and understanding complex client workflows is at the core of being able to manage the overall client process, thereby assisting with identifying the right S&P solutions in new business sales situations
- Assist Account Directors (AD) and Relationship Managers (RM) with account planning for the assigned book of business
- Strategize with RM's on account renewals and assist clients by understanding the value they derive from our data and analytical solutions
- Based on specific existent account diagnosis the Workflow Specialist should be able to analyze client requirements clearly and propose the appropriate products and solutions for the client to the Account Directors and Relationship Managers
- The Workflow Specialist will act as a conduit among multiple product specialist (PS) teams to provide clients with assistance on a specific engagement or project. You will need to develop deep understanding of SPGMI solutions such as ClariFI, Alpha Factor Library, Risk Models and Xpressfeed, and ensure solution integrations are implemented efficiently in coordination with other PS and Support Teams at SPGMI
- Applying statistical and programming tools as part of solutions design, data manipulation, and addressing challenging implementation needs across the client workflows will be an integral part of the day-to-day responsibilities
- Collaborate with RMs and ADs on running proactive outreach campaigns to key client technical stakeholders
- Be a central point of contact for Product Specialist and Product Management groups. Champion the voice of the client internally at SPGMI
- Continually solicit user feedback and look for opportunities to incorporate it into enhancing the client experience
- Understand technology and industry trends and how those may affect and augment our client engagement
- Translate client feedback/requests into future product enhancements and deliverables
- The successful candidate will feel comfortable working across multiple clients and across different segments, often interfacing with senior stakeholders under tight deadlines and in a demanding environment
- Aptitude towards technical workflows, especially in the Investment Management, Insurance and Banking segments
- Ability to learn new concepts, keep an open mind, think out of the box and take leadership will be essential in this environment
- Extensive and deep knowledge of capital markets client workflows, particularly those related to financial data and analytics
- Strong communication skills, ability to negotiate and adjust narrative to fit the audience, including comfort with presenting independently to senior stakeholders both internally within SPGMI and externally with clients
- 10+ years Capital Markets related experience, including 5+ years in a frontline technical sales specialist or similar role
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, finance, or related field
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Preferred Qualifications:
About Company Statement: S&P Global Market Intelligence
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau/Power BI) and workflow tools (Alteryx)
- Experience with data bases (SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Snowflake) as well as statistical/data manipulation scripting languages (R/Python/MATLAB)
- Master's degree in computer science, mathematics, economics, finance, or related field
- FRM or CFA designation, or well-defined path to obtaining such a designation
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence. EOE Statement:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
260258 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States