Capital Markets Trader
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Wellington Management Company, LLP
- 16 Oct 18
Capital Markets Trader
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking to recruit a syndicate/capital markets professional to join a cross-asset team, which oversees Wellington Management's interaction with the broker syndicate community. Located in Boston, this position requires a familiarity with corporate finance, credit analysis, and the primary markets for capital. The position involves a high level of direct interaction and collaboration with portfolio managers, research analysts and brokers to coordinate our position on capital markets transactions, communicate market information and developments, facilitate trades and identify trade opportunities.
Wellington Management's Trading Department employs over 55 traders globally, including 8 members of the Capital Markets team, and operates in specialized teams according to sectors and products. Our investment and trading activities are conducted on an industry-leading internally-developed software platform, which we believe creates a meaningful competitive advantage. We are also supported by an in-house team of managers and quantitative and business analysts, who oversee the "business" of the department and provide in-depth, action-oriented insights into our trading capabilities and activities.
- Executing orders in a manner consistent with our best execution and risk management practices, as well as our policies and procedures;
- Developing and enhancing an in-depth understanding of the investment philosophies and strategies of the portfolio managers, strategists, and analysts we serve;
- Gathering, analyzing, and disseminating market and security information that identifies or creates actionable investment opportunities;
- Identifying potential capital-markets transaction opportunities, including financing needs and capital-structure inefficiencies; and soliciting potential interest from portfolio managers for these opportunities;
- Remaining informed of new product developments;
- Fostering new trading relationships and leveraging existing relationships; and
- Monitoring and improving efforts to enhance efficiency while mitigating risk.
A successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a role which has provided exposure to corporate finance and/or primary capital markets. Experience across a range of asset classes would be preferred;
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Strong analytical skills and an ability to apply those skills in a highly practical fashion;
- Ability to proactively generate ideas and continuously review and improve our processes;
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail; a precision and risk management mindset that results in accurate and compliant work is required. This manifests itself in double-checking work, stopping to question anything unusual, and frequent reconciliation of work throughout the day;
- Impeccable integrity, fiduciary mindset, and ability consistently to place the interests of our clients as the number one priority;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in a collaborative, team-based, results-oriented environment;
- A pro-technology mindset and the ability to leverage technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency. Programming skills, while not required, would be additive; and
- Strong academic credentials; a Bachelor's degree is required; MBA/CFA (or progress toward) would be additive.
Capital Markets Trader
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com .