Business Systems Analyst
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
We have an excellent new opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst to join our growing technology team. Due to the level of interaction with the investment teams, previous experience working with front office stakeholders within an Investment Manager would be a huge advantage.
Using discretion and judgement, the Business Systems Analyst helps develop systems technology projects that address the business needs of the MFS organization. They independently meet with project stakeholders and business partners at all levels of the organization to elicit and gather business requirements. They develop and maintain formal specifications that clearly outline the key requirements. The Business Systems Analyst collaborates with internal IT resources, business partners and external vendors to develop, test and deploy technology solutions. The Business Systems Analyst follows the MFS system-development life cycle while working to release projects and maintenance items for the benefit of our clients and internal business partners.
- Performs analysis of business activities to determine business requirements. Converts business requirements into functional specifications. Works closely with project team members, business users, QAs, developers and other technology professionals in an Agile environment to ensure that project deliverables are completed on time and within budget.
- Acts as a liaison between business stakeholders and the technology organization to ensure proper implementation of requirements within the expected timetable. Communicates any material modifications of business requirements to business stakeholders.
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both user needs and an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements.
- Ensures proper data processing through the use of data checks and reports to facilitate error free business processes.
- Collaborates with the QA team in developing high level test plans. Reviews test cases developed by the QA team. Works with automated testing team when needed for performance/load testing as well as automated regression testing.
- Works to ensure a positive end product for business stakeholders by overseeing the implementation of new software. Creates and maintains proper training materials and business documentation.
- Follow the MFS Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), ensuring that all steps of the process have been followed prior to releasing any code.
- Provides application and production support as needed to the departments and systems that they support.
- Mentors and advises less experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a business or technology related field.
- Minimum of four years' experience in the financial services industry, ideally supporting buy-side technology. Trading and investment exposure preferred, Portfolio performance, risk and attribution exposure beneficial.
- I ntermediate technical skills including an understanding of underlying relevant technical architecture and business processes.
- Proven ability to efficiently utilize resources and communicate with others, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to make independent decisions.
- A firm understanding of systems development lifecycle and Agile framework.
- Proven ability to develop creative solutions to meet business needs.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."