Business Risk and Controls Manager
Supports senior RLO with role of helping business and functional heads discharge their first-line risk management obligations in line with policy and regulation. Responsibilities
-Review trends in Risk Events in business unit/function, to feed into senior RLO's proposal of 'Tone from the Top' messaging from business head on Risk & Control
- Operating Soundness
- Reviews inventories/maps/KRIs that are impacted by Risk Events, Change Programmes or other events which may cause them to be updated and reissued - propose updates to inventory/map/KRI owners
- Supports senior RLO in writing/reviewing select policies and procedures.
- Runs tracker or project mgmt for controls remediation projects, as requested by senior RLO
- Coordinates BCP and operational resilience exercises, as requested by RLO
- Operational Risk Management ie (Assessments (RCSA, Scenario Planning, Emerging Risk Analysis, Outsourcing Risk Analysis, Deep Dives), Trends (Risk Indicators, Risk Events, External Events), Findings (RLO testing, RCS assurance, Sox tests)
-Supports senior RLO in coordinating and performing risk assessment activities and RCC deep dives, prepares recommendations for presentation to BU/functional head
-Ensures timely and accurate REV recording and proposes escalation
-Oversees REV action remediation
-Reviews risk trends and recommends actions
-Conducts risk-based testing at the direction of the Senior RLO
-Supports senior RLO in coordinating responses to findings from RLO testing, RCS assurance or SOx testing
- Governance ie. BU control meeting / RCC
-Supports preparation of agenda/papers for Business/Function control meeting
-Support preparation of updates for RCC where required for escalation purposes
- Risk expertise
- Reviews internal and industry best practices, Risk/Compliance guidance, champions 2nd line Risk initiatives, makes recommendations to RLO
- Bachelors degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Risk/Control expertise: knowledge of current techniques in operational risk management, controls and operational soundness.
- Analysis: ability to assess data points (eg. inherent risk, crystallised risk, emerging risks, control effectiveness) to propose an actionable plan to bring data points into tolerance.
- Testing: ability to test control design, effectiveness and evidencing.
- Oversight: support senior RLO in oversight of unit/function deliverables with respect to the control environment.
- Governance: ability to create targeted and high-quality papers for governance forums, working at the direction of the senior RLO.
- 2-3 years in an audit function, operational risk, controls, or business management.