Business Development Officer – Corp – Asset Based Lending
- Boston, MA, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- TD Bank Group
- 28 Dec 17 2017-12-28
The Asset Based Lending Business Development II Officer is responsible for origination of new Asset Based Lending (ABL) business (Corp Banking) in the assigned marketplace. This positon can sit in a any one of the major Northeast Metro Hubs with the understanding travel throughout the region is a key component of this role.
• Conducts prospect calling efforts from both external referrals and internal referrals across the bank including commercial, corporate and leasing areas.
• Develops relationships with new and existing customers through cross-sell of bank products to meet customer needs.
• Partners with underwriting and risk teams to structure deals and negotiate the terms and conditions of loan agreements.
• Presents potential deals for credit approval requiring in-depth knowledge of the financials, collateral, potential risk factors, etc.
• Maintains extensive network of outside referral sources.
• Serves as an asset based lending subject matter expert for TD, at internal presentations and external industry and community events.
• Coordinates the internal team to underwrite and close new Asset Based Lending loans including working with the underwriting, risk and other TD product groups (i.e. Treasury Management)
• Oversees the completion of the loan approval form including careful underwriting of the loan so that the structure meets the needs of the borrower and the bank. Obtains appropriate approval for credit under consideration.
• Develop, presents and negotiates financing proposals for prospective clients.
• Recognizes and understands risk/return and establishes and negotiates the terms under which the credit will be extended to include pricing, fees, cost repayment method and schedule, collateral requirements, etc.
• 4 Year Degree or equivalent experience
• 7-15 Years of related experience
• In-depth understanding of asset based lending industry, business development techniques and credit decisions.
• Proven business development track record, with ability to conceptualize and implement effective new business strategies.
• Excellent relationship management skills.
• Extensive network of outside referral sources for new business.
• Strong credit and financial analysis skills. Credit training or experience preferable.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong negotiation skills.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach her/his potential.
If you have a disability that requires an accommodation to complete the application process, please e-mail TD Bank’s HR Compliance Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, contact information and details about your request within the e-mail.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.