Business Development Manager - Financial Indices - Boston
- USD180000.00 - USD280000.00 per year
- Boston, MA, USA Boston MA US
- Permanent, Full time
- Michael Page International - US
- 15 Aug 18 2018-08-15
Market leading financial services firm seeks Business Development Manager to support their sales growth and build relationships in North America.
My client was founded on the principle to transfer advancements in smart beta research from academia to industry through investable indexing tools. They are market leaders in their field, and whilst are relatively small in the USA (3 people) , they have the backing of a large, global player.
Given the size and importance of the North American market, increasing the share of our benchmarks and building an increased brand awareness is of strategic importance.
Based out of their Boston office, the candidate will be expected to lead relationships with asset owners, consultants and strategic partners across the United States and Canada to proactively seek out opportunities to expand market share and awareness in the index provider space. The candidate will have to introduce their design offering to the main investment industry market participants and participate in the provision of equity investment solutions in the area of smart beta.
The successful candidate will be expected to maintain a relationship with the client services team based in Europe. The candidate will also be expected to feed back knowledge about key investment trends to the board, senior executives and CEO.
Apply today for consideration with 48 hours of resume submission.
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Business school background or with a strong educational background in science, engineering and quantitative finance leading to financial skills and knowledge of financial securities, equities, index construction principles and/ or quantitative investments
- 8+ years solid experience in relationship/ account management
- Sales background would be ideal
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Willingness to embrace cold calling approaches to open client dialogue and show the ability to win and close
- Solid experience and knowledge across a range of financial instruments and asset classes; and their application in the development and execution of investment
- Experience of working within a quantitative research team with either an investment bank or asset management firm would be an
- Willing to travel extensively within North America.
- Competitive base salary
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Opportunity to work in a cutting edge, new industry sector
- Downtown Boston location
- Opportunity to be the third person in North America, with the backing of a large global player.