Business Development Director
Director, Institutional Business Development (Northeast territory) Boston, MA Office/en-US/Professional/job/Boston-MA-Office/Director--Institutional-Business-Development--Northeast-territory-_JR003548/apply
By joining Eaton Vance, youll become part of a company that has one of the best employee retention rates in the financial services industry. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits, and tremendous opportunities for growth and development. If you do not see a position that fits your career objectives, please return to this site in the future as our hiring needs will change. We look forward to your becoming a part of our continued success!
The Director of Institutional Business Development oversees the management of the direct sales effort which includes management of the business development professionals and implementing a consistent and measurable sales process that aligns with institutional AUM and revenue goals and strategic and tactical priorities. The Director will act as player/coach with responsibility for a defined sales territory.
- Build upon existing new business development plan that will achieve relevant revenue and growth goals as well as other assigned KPIs by delivering a highly effective, deep knowledge-based, and consultative sales approach that is directed to the key influencers across relevant institutional plan sponsor segments in the U.S. and Canada, including sponsors working with and without investment consultants, ensuring effective and results driven management of the sales opportunity process from prospect identification and development through closing sales opportunities.
- Align direct sales calling plan with our existing and developing consultant ratings, focus strategy and business expansion priorities in addition to the firms strategic priorities. Manage the team to individual and overall business goals, ensuring they are following established department and firm procedures including accurate and timely use of CRM.
- Ensure that the sales team is operating effectively across territory team model to effectively work with and across the consultant relations and relationship management teams to create a consistent approach to the market and to share leads as well as best practices.
- Establish a reporting mechanism that effectively tracks activity, pipeline growth sales results and other quantitative and qualitative measures.
- Actively participate as member of Leadership Team representing the priorities, opportunities, needs and challenges of our business development effort.
- Ensure that market intelligence and demand trends are being effectively communicated internally to provide critical inputs to inform continued advancement of our institutional sales approach, client experience, product development and marketing approach.
- Manage all aspects of performance management including hiring, goal setting, regular communication, performance reviews and compensation.
- Build and execute a business plan to identify and cultivate prospects and existing clients to raise assets and drive significant revenue and expanded penetration in a defined institutional territory.
- Build relationships with EV and affiliate firm investment teams and business partners to grow internal and external credibility and to effectively leverage capabilities and resources to win new mandates and assist in defending existing mandates on behalf of the sales team.
- Demonstrate the core values of the firm internally and externally and champion established internal and industry best practices.
- Bachelors degree. MBA and/or CFA preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of related sales experience.
- Ability to effectively manage a team of experienced sales people, including those remotely located. Must be able to mentor and develop junior professional staff.
- Excellent presence, poise, presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to independently maintain relationships and to consistently deliver on business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking in growing the business and achieving client focused goals.
- Demonstrated ability to create sales/relationship opportunities with key decision makers and influencers at prospective client and consultant organizations.
- A verifiable track record of success raising high-quality, long-term institutional assets across market conditions.
- Must demonstrate excellent sales skills and in-depth industry, product and investment knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to work in partnership with and earn the trust and credibility of fellow Institutional Distribution team members, Portfolio Managers and other EV professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Bias to action and a willingness to develop relationships where not have existed before, either personally or with the firm.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain a well-organized sales process.
- Past success working remote or away from firm headquarters a plus.
- FINRA Series 24, 7 and 63 required.
This policy applies to Eaton Vance Corp. and all subsidiary companies (the Company).
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. It does not discriminate against applicants or employees with respect to any terms or conditions of employment on account of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, pregnancy, parenthood, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition including genetic characteristics, marital status, citizenship status, military service, gender, gender identity or expression, registered domestic partner status, domestic violence victim status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Eaton Vance also prohibits discrimination based on the perception that a person has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company, and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers. All employment decisions shall be consistent with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
The information on this Web site is for U.S. residents only. The information on this Web site does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to purchase, securities in any jurisdiction to any person to whom it is not lawful to make such an offer. Eaton Vance does not provide tax or legal advice. Prospective investors should consult with a tax or legal advisor before making any investment decision. ? Eaton Vance Management. All rights reserved. Two International Place, Boston, MA 02110
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeJR003548
Eaton Vance is a leader in pioneering innovative investment strategies that address investor needs amid changing market environments. As a company, we have long embraced six core values: integrity, professionalism, teamwork, client focus, creativity/adaptability and excellence. As a workplace, Eaton Vance offers its employees a quality work environment and a congenial, collaborative atmosphere.
The company is consistently ranked among the Top 100 Places to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe.