Business Development Analyst, Latin America
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 31 December 2020, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Global Relationship Group has an opening for a Business Development Analyst (BDA) on the Americas Institutional team. The BDA will work closely with the team's Business Developers supporting our sales initiatives across Wellington's investment platform with a particular focus on the Latin America channel. Our business development professionals work closely with prospects and clients to identify and implement investment solutions to meet their needs. A great deal of preparation goes into every meeting, proposal and product presentation, and BDAs are integral to the process.
BDAs have a broad range of responsibilities including collecting and analyzing prospect, competitor and industry information, participating in client/prospect calls and meetings, creating comprehensive responses to and materials for presentations, and overseeing RFPs and other client requests. The BDA also collect information necessary to create and maintain a strong pipeline of prospects, including understanding the latest industry developments and uncovering potential business opportunities. The role requires frequent communication and interaction with Business Developers, Relationship Managers, Product Management, Legal Services, Compliance, Finance, Portfolio Management, Wellington Funds Group, and the Client Service Group.
The BDA will work closely with the team's Business Developers, Client Service Managers, Account Managers, Relationship Managers and external on the ground Latin American partners to accomplish the following:
- Develop an understanding of the depth and breadth of Wellington Management's product offerings
- Serve as a contact for prospects/clients and for Wellington Management in their respective territory
- Prepare briefing package and presentation materials for prospect calls and meetings
- Respond to ad-hoc prospect inquiries and follow-up questions from meetings
- Schedule, coordinate and participate in prospect calls and onsite visits
- Conduct deep analysis on potential client and prospect new business opportunities
- Respond to Requests for Proposal by working with Product Management, the Client Service Group, and other subject matter experts to ensure that each RFP is completed thoroughly
- Maintain an understanding of competitive peer groups and conduct peer analysis, business management and strategy work
- Follow trends in the industry and report findings to the team
- Navigate various internal data systems confidently, using creativity to build reports, source data points, and independently pull together responses to prospect due diligence requests
- Support marketing efforts including managing internal and external materials, working with third party vendors on research initiatives and requests and coordinating webinars, special events and industry conferences.
The Business Development Analyst will work in a fast-paced environment requiring focus, creativity, and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will possess strong analytical and communication skills, excellent judgment, and the ability to learn quickly and manage simultaneous projects. The job entails extensive written and analytical work, thus proficiency using both Microsoft Excel and Word are required and experience with Salesforce is a plus. A large portion of the work is self-directed and requires an individual who can work independently under tight time constraints and evolving priorities.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor's degree with preference given to candidates with progress toward the CFA designation, CAIA designation, MBA or other graduate level degree Spanish or Portuguese speaking skills and familiarity/passion for Latin culture are not required, but are a plus. The candidate should have at least three years prior experience in the investment industry, with a solid knowledge of and passion for investments. A positive attitude, terrific work ethic, very strong attention to detail, and sense of humor are absolutely required. SKILLS JOB TITLE
Business Development Analyst, Latin America LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .