Business Architect - Alpha Instrument Engineer, Vice President
The business architect will work with the relevant parties (business & operations, clients, etc.) to capture and define and the strategic goals and objectives of the future state front to back platform. The person will engage with other business architects, product management, operations and technology resources to assist in designing the future state platform emphasizing both software functionality and operational efficiency and considering the interrelationships of the systems and processes that encompass the entire platform. Applicants should possess:
- 15+ years of business analysis in the financial software industry
- Experience in system design from a business process perspective with the capacity to engage in technical design sessions
- Strong knowledge of equities, fixed income, and cash instruments
- Deep knowledge of security reference data from a current and time series perspective
- Strong knowledge of security life cycle events from a systems perspective, inclusive of the relationships to reference data components such as mandatory and voluntary corporate actions.
- Knowledge of entity structures from a front office, custodial, back office and performance perspective and the relationships of the structures and the impact on straight thru processing
- Understanding of rules based architectures from a development and system configuration perspective
- Extensive experience with "as of" processing, ideally in a development role. This includes out of order processing and recalculation of events and accounting results in open and close book scenarios.
- Strong accounting knowledge including USTAX and GAAP as well as the complexity of multi-basis accounting systems processing
- NAV accounting and processing experience highly desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a collaborative team attitude
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.