Business Analyst - Fund Connect Investment Funds Trading - Assistant Vice President
Investment Funds Business Analyst - AVP Fund Connect
is State Street's market-leading global electronic trading platform for Money Market Funds, Primary Market ETFs, Liquidity Instruments and Investment Funds. Fund Connect provides efficiencies to the entire pre- and post-trade lifecycle across multiple asset classes. Job Description Fund Connect
is looking for an experienced Investment Funds Business Analyst to help develop the product through its next phase of growth. This role will be responsible for providing detailed technical and operational analysis and documentation to support the Product Management team in designing functionality and features for a wide range of Investment Funds including UCITS, SICAVs, Unit Trusts, '40 ACT Funds, Alternative Funds and other collective investment vehicles.
With a strong technical background in database, GUI and workflow analysis & design the successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track-record of delivering complex real-time Investment Fund trading solutions where attention to detail and intellectual curiosity are paramount. Experience of acting as a mentor or coach to junior colleagues is a plus. Key Responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of existing Fund Connect infrastructure, data-models and database architecture
- Conduct detailed front-to-back analysis of trading & settlement workflows for a wide range of Investment Funds
- Deliver high-quality, detailed technical documentation business requirements in conjunction with product, technical & business teams including workflow diagrams, GUI definition and screen mock-ups
- Assist with database technical design (Oracle, SQL server)
- Administration of documentation including product development schedules, release schedules, bug tracking and user manuals
- Contribute to the design & testing of new functionality and GUI's
- Work autonomously with confidence in a fast-moving, complex technical environment
- Build relationships with colleagues across multiple functional groups
- Mentor/coach junior colleagues to create a culture of excellence
About State Street
- BS/BA with 5+ years of experience within financial services in a similar Business Analyst role
- Confident & clear communicator with excellent written English and ability to articulate complex technical concepts to any audience
- Knowledge of electronic trading platforms with specific experience of trade & settlement workflow for Investment Funds strongly desired
- Technically confident with coding experience in one or more of Python, VBA and SQL preferred; power user of Excel
- Messaging expertise with FIX, REST API, SFTP, JSON, XML, SWIFT
- Familiarity with Cloud hosting solutions
- Highly motivated with exceptional integrity
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It's also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You'll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.